A real question

Good evening gentlemen, I want to say at once, I am new to mql4.

Metatrader 4 has "Data window" (<Ctrl>+<D>), could you please tell me if there is a way to get indicator values from there?

I really hope for a quick and comprehensive reply.

Bingo!

AlexSTAL:
Bingo!

The answer is really quick, but it's a no-brainer, so what exactly do you need to do to get the data from there?

m100:

The answer is really quick, but it's a no-brainer, so what exactly do you need to do to get the data from there?

Thank you! Did you think you were asking the dumbest question? No?

Where do you want the data? Into Word? Into the head? Into the EA?

Please expand the question.

Yes, it's really not a pretend question. How are you going to get it out? You could use iCustom(), for example.

AlexSTAL:

Thank you! Did you think you asked the dumbest question? No?

Where do you want the data? Into Word? In your head? In your advisor?

Expand the question.

Suppose the data from this table is needed in the EA, of course for the last bar.

m100:

Suppose the data from this table is needed in the EA, of course for the last bar.
iCustom()

AlexSTAL:
iCustom()

I can't figure out what exactly to write in () so that the last 4 variables in the "Data window" are displayed there, these 4 variables are in the indicator (see screenshot).

Could you please tell me what to write so that these variables are addressed properly.

m100:

I can't figure out what exactly to write in () so that the last 4 variables in the "Data window" are displayed there, these 4 variables are in the indicator (see screenshot).

Please tell me what to write so that these variables are addressed correctly.

Where is the screenshot?

m100:

Suppose we need data from this table in our Expert Advisor, of course for the last bar.

Why the last bar of course? It is not so obvious for us.

Have you tried reading the meta-editor's help?

MQL4 Reference - Technical Indicators - iCustom

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)
Calculation of the specified custom indicator. The custom indicator must be compiled (a file with EX4 extension) and located interminal_directory/experts/indicators.
Parameters:
symbol - Symbol name of the symbol, on data of which the indicator will be calculated. NULL means current symbol.
timeframe - Period. Can be one of the periods of the chart. 0 means the period of the current chart.
name - Name of custom indicator.
... - List of parameters (if necessary). Transmitted parameters should correspond to the order of declaration and type of external (extern) variables of the custom indicator.
mode - Index of the indicator line. Can be from 0 to 7 and should correspond to the index, used by one of the SetIndexBuffer functions.
shift - Index of the value obtained from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar by the specified number of periods back).
Example:
 double val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "SampleInd",13,1,0)
;

Reason: