So where is the price heading?

Thinking about things and watching my robot work, a sad thought occurred to me: it clearly doesn't have enough input data. Sometimes it reacts very late. Either it or I misinterpret something. And it seems to me that this "something" is the direction of price, the trend.

The first question: how to describe the price movement?

Somebody will say: "take the difference of MA". OK. Suppose the value is 0.025. So what? Is it an up movement or a down movement? It is a point.

Someone will add: "take the value on the previous bar." Okay. Let's say the values of 0.027 and 0.025. Is this a move up or a move down? It's a point, and I'll explain why: who's to say whether these values increased or decreased? After all, it could be that the seemingly deceptive downward movement is actually an upward movement, since these values have changed from 0.028 and 0.024?

Where and how can we find the "universal delta"? Or "delta from delta"? Maybe, there is a smart function? How to make the robot see the market at least approximately the same way we see it?

And the second question - is it really necessary? :)

P.S. The work of my masterpiece can be seen here: http://www.onix-trade.net/?act=monitoring_stat&xid=8830

I will express my thoughts with your permission...

I remember we were told in philosophy class that no two living creatures of the same species on the planet

who see the world in exactly the same way. This is not only because of imperfections in the senses, but also because, for example.

everyone has a different number of eye receptors and so on. This explains the completely different interpretations

I am going to tell you my thoughts. Even if one of these traders manages to algorithmize his vision of these charts, it will only be

his vision. So how can we understand what is really on the monitor in front of us?

Let's imagine that there is an extraterrestrial mural on some wall. Exactly extraterrestrial, because let's imagine they were created by an extraterrestrial civilisation, and the colours of these murals

are in the ultraviolet wave range. People will not only see nothing but they will have their own ideas about the beauty on the wall.

To understand what is there, we will have to estimate the surface hardness, measure roughness, catch and count the molecules emitted by the wall (smell), measure the size of cells, etc.

That is a huge amount of equipment and instrumentation would be needed....

And we are trying with a couple of indicators to comprehend a global process that describes the life of an entire intelligent race, and also almost completely describes (directly and or indirectly) the life of all life on the planet.

Remember that elephant that decided to find out more about man, touched him with his foot and concluded that man is small and wet...?

Ну и второй вопрос -- а надо ли это всё? :)

Of course you do! "Saw it, Shura, saw it, it's golden!"C

Swetten >> Let's say the value is 0.025, so what?

I assume it's an upward movement if the previous one was less or vice versa.

keekkenen писал(а) >>

I suppose it's an upward movement if the previous one was smaller or vice versa...

Wrong. And here's why:

Swetten wrote >>
Someone will add: "take the value on the previous bar". >> OK. Let's say the values are 0.027 and 0.025. Is that a move up or a move down? It's a point, and I'll explain why: who's to say whether these values have increased or decreased? After all, it could be that the seemingly deceptive downward movement -- actually an upward movement, as these values have changed from 0.028 and 0.024?

Um... sorry... when is the time period for thinking?

Mmm... What do you mean? Delta over time? Or variable = time? I don't get it.

I may not have fully understood... but my point is that at any point in time and about any price you can say that it is "going down"... or "going up"... it all depends on which time range one is thinking about...?

I read it somewhere, unfortunately I don't remember the author, otherwise I would have cited his statement. So, if you attach a long rod to the back of the tram and put an imaginary feather pointed to a micro at the end of the rod and let the tram run along the route. And take the imaginary trace of the feather as a line which the feather draws, and examine this line in its fragments through a microscope, it will not be possible to determine in which direction the main movement occurs.

DDFedor писал(а) >>

I may not have fully understood... but my point is that at any point in time and about any price you can say that it is "going down"... or "going up"... it all depends on which time frame you're thinking about...?

А! Now I get it. Whatever you're comfortable with.

Rayder69 wrote >>
...and examine that line in its fragments through a microscope, it would not be possible to determine in which direction the main movement is taking place.
Why do we need to know the direction of tram traffic? Although yes...

Swetten >> :

Where and how can a "universal delta" be found? Or "delta by delta"? Maybe there is a tricky function? How to make the robot see the market at least approximately as we do?

And the second question - is it really necessary? :)

Mona build a linear regression. Although... it's the same as a mashup, but in profile :)

Swetten >> :

Wrong. And here's why:

Let's say the values of 0.027 and 0.025. Is that a move up or a move down? That's a point, and I'll explain why: who's to say whether these values have increased or decreased?

it is quite obvious that the values have changed, if there is a comparison, then that is the case...bring the values to the same denominator of calculus, get an approximate direction...then the question of measure-force-velocity, etc. of movement will arise...

Reason: