75,000 options - 4GB RAM and 4GB disk cache not enough???

subj.

build 197. xpsp2, testing EA. memory is going down at an incredible rate.
4 gigs of RAM are gone... 4 gig of cache running out... program splits without saying goodbye))

The worst thing is to press the Stop button and exit the terminal and restart it - it will resume from the point where it died.

Honestly speaking, it's interesting to see EIGHT GB of data, even slow methastock copes with 128 MB and the total cache on the drive (I can't get into system cache at all) after 3 months of operation is 45 MB, but maybe you (the manufacturers) should do it?

And post the full code here or send it to stringo AT metaquotes.ru - we'll check what's wrong.

sane:
subj.

The memory used depends on:
- the length of the history to be tested
- Expert Advisor code (and indicators used)
- And it also depends on something else, probably...

I was optimizing my 512 (physical) + 4096 (virtual) Mb of memory for several hundred thousand passes and everything was OK.

да на самом деле чуда то нет никакого. взял только что e-asclose ot kimIV - то же самое. от балды ставим все изменяемые параметры - от 1 до 200 risk, ssp, stopfactor

вопрос даже не столько в моем коде, в данном случае он слеплен из 3х опубликованных чужих, вопрос в некорректной работе с памятью.

программа не должна вываливаться просто так или жрать 4гб памяти для произведений вычислений достойных 386го компьютера.

sane, any statements of this nature must be clearly demonstrated.
We are programmers here, not babushkas on a bench.

If there is a mistake, we admit it; if not, we will explain what the problem is.

Yes, we test it on minutes. the number - any, i.e. both on data from 19.9.06 and on date from 1.1.06 the effect is the same. the way - "fast method on cf. bars" - as I understand it is the way of testing on real history without "inventing" it for me

100% согласен - сейчас как минимум скриншот кину, какую дебаг инфу откуда взять?

sane:
100% agree - at least I'll throw in a screenshot now, what debug info from where?
Better at once full code of the expert in a forum or on e-mail stringo AT metaquotes. ru (instead of AT it is necessary to put @, the code will be removed after check). If you have the code, and after his run everything will be clear at once. Without this will only be a waste of time.

There is a bug in the tester.
I have already cited a log in which the tester refused to work
while trying to reserve a few gigs of RAM.
It seems that in some cases (maybe not always) the tester
tries to reserve memory for all test results.

This was showing up when using the genetic optimizer,
when the parameter space is large.

I cannot repeat this test now since I cannot remember the details.
But it seems that it happened even during testing experts in the distribution kit.
This error was not fixed in the latest build of the release.

I checked it now, MACD, build of September 12.

I had to remove two strips - I've had enough of waiting))

It's not about the Expert Advisor again - whatever it is, the software shouldn't behave this way, even if I've closed all the loops and so on.

You should have the Expert Advisor - it has been published here

Reason: