Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way

Что будет нового в MetaTrader 4 и MQL4 - большие изменения на подходе - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Что будет нового в MetaTrader 4 и MQL4 - большие изменения на подходе - MQL4 форум

I'm afraid to even imagine.... How drastic changes in structure, syntax, working methodology will be made ? But in a grandiose way !!!

Can I at least get a peek beforehand ?

And get on the team of beta testers ?

FAQ:

I'm afraid to even imagine.... How drastic changes in structure, syntax, working methodology will be made ? But in a grandiose way !!!

Can I at least get a peek beforehand ?

And get on the beta testers team ?

Don't worry, everything will be fine, with a week actively pochatiyam and you will write like a darling.

Ihave always been curious about it and would like to share my experience and comments on the topic of MQL4:
Discussion on MQL4:What's New in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - Big Changes on the Way

I'm afraid to ask. Does this mean that the MT5 project has died?

What is the outlook?

Urain:

I'm afraid to even ask. Does this mean that the MT5 project is dead?

What is the outlook?

I don't think so, more for easier maintenance. For too much dispersal of effort on 2 terminals.

FAQ:
I don't think so, rather for easier maintenance. For too disperse forces on 2 terminals.

In fact MT4 is the more widespread terminal, brokers are reluctant to switch to MT5 and clients are bored.

As long as there are two terminals there is a fork in the competition between them, not with other companies but a fight with themselves.

MT5 is certified in many places, it can already be positioned as a stock exchange terminal.

MT4 lags behind in this respect, but overtakes in terms of prevalence.

The ideal is to gradually bring the terminals closer to each other so that there is no difference between them and then close one of the projects.

If MQL4 have the main features of MQL5, I will jump back :)

I think this is great news for me.

Urain:

Don't worry, it'll be fine, we'll chat actively for a week and you'll be peeing like a darling.

I'm afraid to ask. Does this mean that the MT5 project has killed its life?

What is the outlook?

No, it hasn't. The development and implementation is in full swing.

We have been upgrading MT4 to cut off the tails of some particularly loud competitors. And we are happy that we can merge two languages and get rid of support of old code and old systems.

Since the amount of changes will be large, we are inviting everyone to participate in the long process of testing and bug fixing.

5 В MetaTrader 4 добавятся новые графические объекты

Which ones?

Will the new ones over there threaten the existing ones that don't work here?

(And the old timetable problems as well).

RenatSince the changes will be extensive, we invite everyone to take part in the long process of testing and bug fixing.

URYAYA!!!!

"who's the first to be king? ... Yeah, I'll be first." (с)

FAQ:

URYAYAYA!!!!

"who's the first to be king? ... Yeah, I'll be first." (с)

It's already a tradition for you :)

Urain:

SZY: In short, if MQL4 contains the main features of MQL5, I'm jumping back :)

So I think this is great news for me.

Huh. I'm not jumping back, I'm just starting to develop in parallel for "both here and there".

I am extremely pleased with the new possibilities for selecting brokers. And of course the possibility to transfer almost all my experience from Five to Four.

And now check this out: I don't have to modify strategic parts of my EAs at all. Only rewrite the market driver (for two or three hours of work, mostly testing/debugging) and custom indicators. And all this happiness is just a consequence of successful structuring of EAs logic (in particular: separately strategy / separately market driver).

:-)

Urain:

Does this mean that the mt5 project is dead?

It means that mql4 is dead. And rightly so. :)
Reason: