Electric train timetable

I bring to the attention of the esteemed public an intraday trading strategy, with, from my point of view, a good expected payoff.

What is the trading idea!

The trading idea is that in the beginning of trading sessions, such as American, European and Asian - the currencies "assigned" to these regions, or well traded in these sessions, have one feature.

Namely, the quotes are often consolidated in a fairly small range with the subsequent movement in one direction or the other.

If this strategy is presented figuratively, then I come to mind the analogy of a railway station, every day at approximately the same time trains leave the station, but the problem is that we do not know which way they will go, whether they will go both or one, and if they go at all, which one goes first.

I will work with approximately this set of the initial data.

I will analyze the strategy on the example of the American session and EUR/USD

The general rules - I want to say right away that they are not formalized, so, don't mind.

The main working interval is М5, I think later it will be clear why, now I will only say that it is not clear on М5 and I have to switch to М1

Currency EUR/USD

Working time consists of two things

1 - time period, during which the situation is evaluated - from 13 to 14 GMT

2 - time of placing orders - 14 GMT +/- 10 minutes.

I will use two pending orders, one going up and one going down.

TP = SL is an approximate value, as my experience shows, TP = 90%SL is better.

Among the indicators TIME IV and Fractals.

In future posts I will try to show trading logic on the history by the example of March 2013, then maybe I will analyze "yesterday's" situation.

I will consider the deals only in the format profit/loss 1 to 1 or so.

I will not consider, at least for now, variants like "withdraw TP and switch on trawl" or "wait a little" or "take a position and wait" - because....

Such variants speak for themselves, after some observations of this strategy, but I'll try to go only 1 to 1, so I won't get lost.

In the drawings, the red lines will show pending order levels and stops, respectively, they will be symmetrical and thus overlapped. Green lines show takei out calculated = SL

IvanIvanov:

This topic was recently discussed for 4 MT. trading strategy "START" + EA, the principle is similar.

Vladon:
Recently this topic was discussed for 4 MT. trading strategy "BEGINNING" + EA, the principle is similar.
Can you give me the link, maybe in a private message... It is interesting to look at... Because I can't fully formalise it.

Deal!

EURUSD, M5, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

Only worked out, in reality - in such situations the head is full of variants which of fractals to take as a reference point, as a rule it is two opposite nearby fractals, but far from always!

Deal 2

It worked out almost to the point of a foul. Therefore I regard the strategy as complicated - 1. a mistake or two would have cost a Takei underrun and would have drawn the position into indecision. 2. technically, there was no lower fractal. it was an extremum. that was also a shame - we should have looked for fractals on М1.

Deal 3

Here's what's called a Beautiful trade, this is exactly the moment when you wish you'd taken the take off and moved the stop to Breakeven, but that's lyric.... Goal achieved!

Of the shorts - the price went before the upper fractal on M5 was formed, again thoughts on M1

Something tells me you should make white pictures or enlarge them.

It's very small.

sergeev:

Something tells me you should make white pictures or enlarge them.

It's very small.

If you click on the picture, it opens in a new window

Deal 4

Beautiful, the bug is that again on M5 the upper fractal is not formed, although the level is visually tracked, most likely on M1 there is a fractal, may depend on the broker.

The general logic to look for beautiful entries with pronounced fractals on M5, pay attention to how much the price has already passed from the beginning of the New York, interesting ranges for the euro for example about 20 four-digit points, the more this value, the more ambiguous the situation

You write. :-) I am taking note.

In fact, the strategy I wrote the EA on. - It is identical to the strategy you described here.

It works by pending orders and trawl, but I used m30.

IvanIvanov:
If you click on the image, it opens in a new window

Well, it's obvious that you edit html and delete the smaller version, replacing it with the larger source, without changing the size of the img.

That's why it's not clear what's going on in the screenshot.

Reason: