chart issue on volatility

I have been facing the following problem, frequently and especially when there are movements with greater volatility, the chart freezes. Although mt5 keeps receiving quotes, that is, if I have an open position, the price keeps fluctuating in the toolbox, but the chart is stuck. I would like to know if other people face this problem and if anyone found a solution.

PATRICK ANTONIO MORELO A.:
I have been facing the following problem, frequently and especially when there are movements with greater volatility, the chart freezes. Although mt5 keeps receiving quotes, that is, if I have an open position, the price keeps fluctuating in the toolbox, but the chart is stuck. I would like to know if other people face this problem and if anyone found a solution.

Have you tried to use MT5 with just a plain old Chart WITH NO indicators on it?

Maybe one or more indicators a causing the Chart trouble...

;)

This may be related to the computer configuration. When there is a lot of data, it takes a lot of graphics card resources. Could you try it on a higher configuration computer?

i will close some of the notifications, some charts, some quotes of products those aint using

Flavio Jarabeck #:

Have you tried to use MT5 with just a plain old Chart WITH NO indicators on it?

Maybe one or more indicators a causing the Chart trouble...

;)

ty for you reply

i did a test with only one moving average (default mt5 indicator) and still having this problem. With clean chart i did't test it.

SherrieW #:
This may be related to the computer configuration. When there is a lot of data, it takes a lot of graphics card resources. Could you try it on a higher configuration computer?

ty for your reply

I have 2 pcs, one is old phenon x6, 8gb ram, gtx960 ssd 256. the other one, I5 6th gen, 4gb ram, ssd 120 gb. 240mb of internet on cable for the pcs. The problem occurs in both.

Sze Shing Fong #:
i will close some of the notifications, some charts, some quotes of products those aint using

ty for your reply

i tryed to close the max thing i can. still the same.

PATRICK ANTONIO MORELO A. #:

ty for your reply

I have 2 pcs, one is old phenon x6, 8gb ram, gtx960 ssd 256. the other one, I5 6th gen, 4gb ram, ssd 120 gb. 240mb of internet on cable for the pcs. The problem occurs in both.

1. What does the logs say?
  2. Mt4 or MT5?
  3. 32 or 64 bit?
  4. Win? Linux or Mac?
  5. If you press F2 in the terminal you'll open the MT5 task manager to see the used sources.
  6. Under Tools => Options tab Charts you can limit the amount of bars on the chart(s) - reduce this number.

Carl Schreiber #:
  1. What does the logs say?
  2. Mt4 or MT5?
  3. 32 or 64 bit?
  4. Win? Linux or Mac?
  5. If you press F2 in the terminal you'll open the MT5 task manager to see the used sources.
  6. Under Tools => Options tab Charts you can limit the amount of bars on the chart(s) - reduce this number.

ty for your reply

1. What does the logs say? => There is no message of error or anykind.
  2. Mt4 or MT5? => MT5
  3. 32 or 64 bit? => 64 bits
  4. Win? Linux or Mac? => Windows
  5. If you press F2 in the terminal you'll open the MT5 task manager to see the used sources.  => ill check when the market is open and chart get stuck again.
  6. Under Tools => Options tab Charts you can limit the amount of bars on the chart(s) - reduce this number. => i already tried that, but no effect.
the thing i do to get the chart back to rolling is change the server in the list of servers of my broker. when i do that the chart come back to flow. That is all know.

problem solved. It was, in fact, as pointed by Flavio, an indicator called candletime that was causing the trouble.

ty all for the help :)

Reason: