Scalper, real live trading vs backtest results

Hello friends, i wanted to ask how much is the difference between a backtest and real live trading ?

I have a ea that seems to work with 1 min time period, its a fast scalper. He works good in backtest with spread 2. 

Now i have a spread filter on the ea, which will hopefully protect me from bigger spreads but i heard there is also a big difference with closing orders on live trading??

Has anyone some experience yet in shortime trading ? Backtest vs Live ?
Regards

vortex_pme:
Hello friends, i wanted to ask how much is the difference between a backtest and real live trading ?

I have a ea that seems to work with 1 min time period, its a fast scalper. He works good in backtest with spread 2. 

Now i have a spread filter on the ea, which will hopefully protect me from bigger spreads but i heard there is also a big difference with closing orders on live trading??

Has anyone some experience yet in shortime trading ? Backtest vs Live ?
Regards

If you can find a broker with a spread 0-2 and no commission it would work - but you won't find one. 

Icham Aidibe:

If you can find a broker with a spread 0-2 and no commission it would work - but you won't find one. 

Thx

Hm... but ig is usually below 0-2 on some markets and timeperiods ?

and i didnt hear yet they have commison ? am i wrong ?

there will always be different between backtest and real trading, my advise is to try your EA on real money to test it

vortex_pme:
and i didnt hear yet they have commison ? am i wrong ?

1 on your broker page = 10 with mt4 tester (if I remember correctly) maybe i m wrong, someone else will help you better with mt4

Icham Aidibe:

1 on your broker page = 10 with mt4 tester (if I remember correctly) maybe i m wrong, someone else will help you better with mt4

Thanks

Mohammed Mounir:
there will always be different between backtest and real trading, my advise is to try your EA on real money to test it
Thanks

vortex_pme:
Thanks

You welcome. Expect always a little more than the average spread, and few points for slippage ; there's always a natural slippage, which is nor predictable nor the same from a deal to another nor included in the tester (so use the spread to include it)

Icham Aidibe:

You welcome. Expect always a little more than the average spread, and few points for slippage ; there's always a natural slippage, which is nor predictable nor the same from a deal to another

I see. Thank you
Reason: