How to change the data folder in MT5? - page 2

Mateus Botelho Mattos #:

Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but here how I changed all my MetaTrader 5 folders do another hard drive, using Windows Hard Link:

a) Close all your MetaTraders and copy the directory to the new hard drive, using drag-and-drop, like this:

"C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes"  --> "D:\MetaQuotes"

b) rename  "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes" to  "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\AppData\Roaming\_MetaQuotes" just for a temporary security measure.

c) Run a DOS cmd window as administrator and run this:

mklink /j "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes" "D:\MetaQuotes"

d) Test your MetaTraders and if everything good, delete the  "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\AppData\Roaming\_MetaQuotes" folder.

EXCELLENT 

Mateus Botelho Mattos #:

Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but here how I changed all my MetaTrader 5 folders do another hard drive, using Windows Hard Link:

a) Close all your MetaTraders and copy the directory to the new hard drive, using drag-and-drop, like this:

b) rename  "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes" to  "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\AppData\Roaming\_MetaQuotes" just for a temporary security measure.

d) Test your MetaTraders and if everything good, delete the  "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\AppData\Roaming\_MetaQuotes" folder.

thank you, excelent

Mateus Botelho Mattos #:

Hello,

d) Test your MetaTraders and if everything good, delete the  "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\AppData\Roaming\_MetaQuotes" folder

Excellent 

Mateus Botelho Mattos #:

Hello,

It is not work with version 5.0 build 4260

Excellent works for me on the current version
Reason: