urgent!! a problem with EURGBP historical data

hello there,

for some reason in the new build of mt4, 229, i am downloading the historical data for EURGBP, but when i want to test my ea the log keeps telling me there is no history data to be found.

can please somebody help?

There is info around here somewhere on stuff like that, which I'm too lazy to look up & copy'n'paste here. Sorry about being a bit lazy; I guess that puts me in the same camp as many who don't bother to search diligently before posting questions here.

I'm not an expert in this area, but anyway ...

A) check how much history you keep via Tools - Options - Charts

B) check your Tools - History center - Forex - Pair - Timeframe for missing info after doing a DL for each timeframe, starting at M1. DL each timeframe TWICE.

C) check what timeframe & dates you're backtesting for

D) If there's still discrepancies (and remember, MT4 can only work with what it's got) give more details rather than 'some history is missing'

I've noticed myself that there seems to be about a month of missing info about 3 months old, perhaps between broker recent data & MT4 historical.

brewmanz:

There is info around here somewhere on stuff like that, which I'm too lazy to look up & copy'n'paste here. Sorry about being a bit lazy; I guess that puts me in the same camp as many who don't bother to search diligently before posting questions here.

I'm not an expert in this area, but anyway ...

A) check how much history you keep via Tools - Options - Charts

B) check your Tools - History center - Forex - Pair - Timeframe for missing info after doing a DL for each timeframe, starting at M1. DL each timeframe TWICE.

C) check what timeframe & dates you're backtesting for

D) If there's still discrepancies (and remember, MT4 can only work with what it's got) give more details rather than 'some history is missing'

I've noticed myself that there seems to be about a month of missing info about 3 months old, perhaps between broker recent data & MT4 historical.

those kind of solution i always try them immedietly. but i spoted the problem: it seems that if u backtest any date that dosnt include the year 2011 the strategy tester regards it as if they was no history data. if for example u check jul10 - aug10, it wouldnt let u, but you would check jul10-jan11 it will do it as normal. one of many bugs in this platform

IWFM. Just did a July 2010 to Aug 2010 back test - aok.

Reason: