MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1053

Developing a stable trading robot  (170   1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17)
I am in the process of developing a stable trading system that will combine stable profits with occasional losing trades. The system is based on a flip martingale. I should immediately mention that I understand the futility of the classical martingale, but in this system it is used in a slightly
[Deleted]
I have finished coding up my first 2 EAs, and I would like to forward test them on some small accounts. 1) Currently, if I run both systems on one main account, then won't their stats all blur together(winrate/pf/drawdown)? Do I need to be manually tracking each system independently? Or is there a
Hi, What methods do you use to store important data to make your MQL4 EAs resistant to platform crashes and other unexpected problems? I have read somewhere that global variables are not any better than simple variables and the data will not be saved if the platform crashes. Is this true? Currently
Hi - I also posted this on the MQL5 forum but realized i was actually using MQL4. Have just started experimenting with MetaTrader after spending lots of time with Prorealtime charts. We have a RSI that we use with a period of 1 setting. When that is used in MetaTrader it just flatlines at 0. When...
[Deleted]
Trying to check if I have active pending orders prior to creating new orders. Sure there is some simple problem here. Edit: And I should mention that when I run it the EA continues to place orders, one after another. That is why I know it is returning false. if(activeOrders(OP_SELLSTOP, Symbol(),...
[Deleted]
I am trying to see if anyone has any experience with this. If it's possible I would appreciate a few pointers because I am not sure how to run an exe like metalang.exe on the server. Maybe there is a compiler out there that is made for this routine but I could not find it. Thanks for the...
Hello, I have a broker and I do not know anyelse, so I do not know the spread of other brokers on different commodities, forex or indices... For example, my future S&P500 spread is 5, one digit after the dot Golds: 80 pips, 2 digits after the dot OILs (Brent): I have not the possibility to trade...
Good morning, Is there a way to test an EA on weekly charts? Cheers!
[Deleted]
I want replace envelope into macd indicator. can you guys show me what codes should i input and what need to be taken out. Thanks Here's macd code //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Custom MACD.mq4 | //|...
New article Fractal Analysis of Joint Currency Movements is published: How independent are currency quotes? Are their movements coordinated or does the movement of one currency suggest nothing of the movement of another? The article describes an effort to tackle this issue using nonlinear dynamics...
Hi everydoby, I know that it's not possible to modify the platform clock. Is there an indicator showing the opening time for every bar with the desiderd time zone? For instance, platform is settled on GMT but the indicator shows opening time on GMT+2. Thank you!
[Deleted]
  EA running time.  (3)
Hi all, I`m new used this MT4. Here i want to ask about EA. It is EA working if I shutdown my computer.
I managed to write a profitable EA. However, after reaching a certain level of profit, orders stop opening with the reasoning being wrong price or a general error. Perhaps there are some recommendations on how to avoid this. Maybe perform some additional checks or increase the slippage with each
Anyone knows how to increase the quality of modeling when you are testing?
I am working within a MetaTrader script file and need tocall a function within a Boost library. Anyone know if this is possible? If so how do you configure the import?
[Deleted]
hi, what's the easiest way for me to count 5 positive or negative ticks in a row? thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Is it possible to use the indicator attached below to create an EA by using the function iCustom() and if it is, can some body PLEASE help me with the code to call the value of the indicator for the EA to open a sell order when the first red bar appears after the last set of blue bars and a buy...
[Deleted]
hai everyone.... iam trying to make macd sample, n ihope it can running in several different chart, with several different pair, but one ea, when i put it into chart i hope it can make open orders, so when if i put it again to another chart with different pair, i hopo it make another open order
Hello everybody and thanks for your help in advance. I've got a dll function "MT4_mysql_fetch_row" that fetches a query from a db and puts the result in the string array "lsResult"! The problem is that MT4 crashes when it ArrayResizes the array afterwards ... how can that be?    string...
[Deleted]
I hav tried every way I know to uninstall the above. All I get is " you should close Meta Trader -E Global Trade & Finance Group to continue to uninstall. Please close Meta Trader E-Global Trade & Finance Group application". I have tried the uninstall from my computer, the program files, nothing I...
[Deleted]
Some customers complained H-EA did work suddenly after they upgrade their MT4 to build 418. Some MT4s in IT development department of H-EA also have similar problem which failed to call dll. The MT4 which had not upgraded can run normally. We assume there is a severe bug in build 418.
[Deleted]
Hi guys, this is a long shot, a very very very long shot but I need help. I'm trying to run MT4 on my laptop from a public library (Hong Kong) but it seems I can't. When I use the free wifi, I can get data for the first few minutes then no more. I can keep restarting MT4 to get data. I thought that...
Hello programmers. I admire the great work many of you guys do to bring trading concepts to life on this site. I really do not have the ability yet to do what you guys are able to do in terms of programming indicators for the mt4 platform therefore I am soliciting your help. I have a chart attached...
[Deleted]
  Problem with market orders  (12   1 2)
Hello I am having problems trying to get two orders to market at the same price range. Sometimes it runs only Sell Other times it runs only Buy Sometimes running the two but less often than individually. Do not know why this happens. The code is this: OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.10,Ask,20...
Hi Coders. I got this EA but I got 1 error, i dont know how to fix it. Pls help...many thankss.. --------------------------------
Hello people I'm new to the area of programming I'm wanting to learn how indicator standard candle. I'm in doubt type in these commands Open [N1)Open [N2)Open [N3)Close [N1]Close [N2]Close [N3]High [N1)High [N2)High [N3)Low [N1]Low [N2]Low [N3] which would command the sail today?, the penultimate...
[Deleted]
I got an EA from a guy. I tested it for sometimes but i did not work. now i need help from a pro coder to code it again This ea is a hedging EA. take profit =60pips, stop loss= 120 pips, hedging distance= 60pips. Need help to code it again: take profit=60pips, stop loss 120 pips, hedging distance...
Hello, I am looking for an EA that will place 2 pending orders x amount of pips apart on a currency pair. When the first order is triggered a second pending order is added to the opposite order. If the price reverses and triggers the opposite order then add 2 more positions to the first order that...
  Adding Code  (4)
Hello, I am very new on this programme and Want to know how to type filping chart #property show_inputs#import "user32.dll"   int GetParent(int hWnd);   int SendMessageA(int hWnd, int Msg, int wParam, int lParam);#import#define WM_MDINEXT   548extern int SlideShowSeconds = 5;void start(){...