Lowest VIX in 4 years... how do you adapt?

The indices market is extremely slow these days and I'm not seeing many trading opportunities... 

The VIX is at 12.25 right now, what do you do when VIX is this low? Do you switch to other markets or do you just take a break?

Also curious about Forex traders, are you seeing a similar problem?

Jeepack:

The indices market is extremely slow these days and I'm not seeing many trading opportunities... 

The VIX is at 12.25 right now, what do you do when VIX is this low? Do you switch to other markets or do you just take a break?

So far, how I adapt is I look for setups on m15 instead of m5 or lower... still works, but barely...

I do find it, think it should be due to the gradual decrease in trading volume in the foreign exchange market in recent years

tdtsz #:
I do find it, think it should be due to the gradual decrease in trading volume in the foreign exchange market in recent years

What could be contributing to that ? I thought with increase in general awareness around trading / investing - more people should be joining forex market or is it now traders preferring other instruments for trading ? 

Jean Sebastien Paquet:

Stop trading synthetics, and learn to trade in the real forex or stock market. If you don't understand Algorithmic binary chains or binary sequences you shouldn't trade synthetic markets.

Reason: