FORTS SL and TP - page 2

prostotrader:

And because I will probably publish the code of the class.

I don't need it, but beginners might need it.

That's a good one! Maybe I could use one too.

Will Slippage be in class?

Sergey Chalyshev:

That's a good one! Maybe I could use one too.

Will Slippage be in class?

What does Slippage mean to you?

As I understand it, Slippage is slippage on FOREX.

And I am writing ONLY for FOREX.

prostotrader:

What does Slippage mean to you?

As I understand it, Slippage is slippage on FOREX.

And I am writing ONLY for FOREX.

Doesn't seem to come in handy.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Stops are better not to be set at all, put in limiters.

I don't get it. How do you replace a stop loss with a limit order? You mean Buy Stop Limit / Sell Stop Limit orders? Such orders slip too.

Евгений:

I don't get it. How can you replace a stop loss with a limit order? You mean Buy Stop Limit / Sell Stop Limit orders? Such orders also slide.

Nothing is slippery on the bio.

prostotrader:

Nothing slips on the bioge.

You get the idea. If contracts run out at one price level, contracts are sold from the next closest level to meet the market bid.

prostotrader:

Hi!

Never used SL and TP

Please clarify.

Stop Loss and Take Profit are set on an existing position

Or can we set these parameters in an order being set, i.e. when the position is not yet open?

If we can specify parameters in an order, how should we calculate SL and TP in a market order(the position price is not fixed)?

Hi, look in the Market, there are scripts which set virtual SL and TP which are executed when the price touches the market order.

prostotrader:   Nothing is slippery on the bioge.
It's slippery :)
Just think, what will be the price of a deal, if market order is to buy 10 contracts, and there is only 1 order on the best asc, 1 order on the next asc as well and so on.
A guaranteed stoploss cannot be made by a limit order, it is not a case of a stop limit order being put far in front of the trigger price, this case is no different than a stop order.

Yury Kulikov:
It's slippery :)
Just think, what will be the price of a deal, if market order is to buy 10 contracts, and there is only 1 order on the best asc, 1 order on the next asc as well and so on.
A guaranteed stoploss cannot be made by a limit order, it is not a case of a stop-limit order being placed well ahead of the trigger price, this case is no different than a stop order.

Hi Yuri!

This is not a slip, but a buy on the market. By buying on the market you are knowingly agreeing

to an unknown final price.

But if a limit order was executed at a price worse than the one set in the order, then yes.

then yes, it would be a slippage.

I am confused, in a situation, about how to make it through the stops:

1. When the price reaches the stop level, the position is closed on the market

2. When the price reaches the stop level, the position is closed only at the set price

Reason: