Your most effective strategy? - page 12

ZetM:

Let's move on. There are two situations on the market. I understand it, I work. I don't understand it, I sit on the fence. That's it. There's nothing else. Like right now. I get it and I know there's a growth moment coming. ....

There is the position of "sitting on the fence".

"Understanding" - opening Buy or Sell.

"Don't understand" opening "sitting on the fence".

open = -spread or -spread/2

Conclusion: you have to pay for everything, including "get it - don't get it".

If you open(-spread/2) "sitting on the fence" - that's your right, but:

A thing to remember!

Emptiness is not a substance. (The absence of an attitude is also an attitude).

Appeal: "Save the spread - don't be wasteful!" (Economy must be frugal)

Note: this post is not addressed to ZetM personally.

Mathemat:

Yusuf, you have got your Superstrategy advisor in the code. What more do you need to be happy about?

There are a lot of people here who have absolutely no interest in wasting their time testing primitive ideas like the one you suggested.

If you want to change something, do it yourself, get into the code and fix it. Just make an effort - start to finally learn and do something.

Go for it, damn it!

Exactly. Once you have mastered MQLs, a lot of seemingly fruitful ideas in your head are quickly discarded. And then you begin to realise that a profitable strategy is very rare.

khorosh:
Exactly. Once you have mastered MQLs, a lot of seemingly fruitful ideas in your head are quickly discarded. And then you begin to realise that a profitable strategy is very rare.
A losing strategy is also rare.

ZetM:

With graphs, understanding each other is easier, I agree.

Now, to the dialogue. OK. I have made an assessment of the current situation and assumed that price will go in the chosen direction, BECAUSE of certain conditions in the future. What is this? PROgnosis or following the trend? Imagine that on your chart, too, the right side is empty, that you are also following the trend, what if it reverses? How would you know, you are not forecasting.

In your case - following the trend, of course. But this is in my terminology, so to speak, it may be different for you... Forecasting (in the same terminology) is trying to predict the price at the right edge. Something that neuro-networkers like to do.

I believe that trying to predict price is doomed. There are too many pricing factors, too much noise (random). In general, the price chart does not contain enough data to make further predictions...

Now regarding the reversal. I'm not predicting a reversal. I just watch whether it will reverse or not :-) And if it does, I close my position and do not overbuild it.

ZetM:

Let's move on. There are two situations on the market. I understand it, I work. I don't understand it, I sit on the fence. That's it. There's nothing else. Like now. I get it and I know there's a moment of growth coming. Another thing is what is it? Is it a correction of a new trend or vice versa, the correction is over and the old trend will continue, but very few people know this and whether there are any at all is a very big question. So, nothing depends on situations, everything depends only on you.

These are some generalizations that I do not quite understand.

Once again, I am not trying to make predictions. I only take into account the current situation. There are simply algorithms for different market conditions. And it doesn't matter to me what is happening at the moment - a correction, a reversal or anything else.

ratnasambhava:
Do you mean "draining" -2spread, -3spread, -4spread is rare, or something else?
I mean plum. What does that have to do with the spread? It's a cost.

ratnasambhava:

There is the position "sitting on the fence".

"Understanding" - I open Buy or Sell.

"Don't understand" Open "Sitting on the fence".

Open = -spread or -spread/2

Conclusion: you have to pay for everything, including "I understand - I don't understand".

If you open(-spread/2) "sitting on the fence" - that's your right, but:

It's important to remember!

Emptiness is not a substance. (The absence of an attitude is also an attitude).

Appeal: "Save the spread - don't be wasteful!" (Economy must be frugal)

Note: this post is not addressed to ZetM personally.

For ordinary materialistic traders everything is easier. The position "sitting on the fence" is not burdened with spreads. Moreover, I usually drink tea at such moments, with a substance called "marshmallow" :)

Diamant:

With ordinary materialist traders, things are simpler. The "sitting on the fence" position is not burdened with spreads. Moreover, I usually drink tea at such moments, with a substance called "marshmallow" :)

You don't know what will happen to the price next and then why outside the market. I don't see the point (you don't see buy sell, you see out of the market)

Tantrik:
You don't know what will happen to the price next and then why outside the market. I do not see the point (you do not see buy sell, you see out of the market).

Because I only enter when the market conforms to a certain model.

When in doubt, I sit on the fence.

If I understood your line correctly.

Diamant:

With ordinary materialist traders, things are simpler. The "sitting on the fence" position is not burdened with spreads. Moreover, I usually drink tea at such moments, with a substance called "marshmallow" :)

Are you proud to be a materialist? Pride does not allow a person to develop.

Reason: