The concept: "Good Counsellor" - page 6

Richie >>:

Neutron, звуки действительно разные. Я так понял, что это за один и тот же период?

А какие выводы из этого можно сделать? В чём разница между EURUSD и GBPJPY по вашему?

Насколько я понял щелчки - это сшибание стопов?

Yes, Richie, the period of the price series is the same. The spectra of the first difference series are slightly different - GBPJPY has less high-frequency component.

In fact, I digitized spectra of BP data a long time ago, this data is from my archive. I may have changed the LPF settings used to "voice" the price, that's why the sound differs a lot in frequency. The clicks, are artifacts of the digitisation. You shouldn't expect anything serious from listening to the sound of currency instruments. It is more of an entertainment. Meaningful conclusions can be drawn only on the basis of subject analysis of the BP characteristic of interest. In this case, it could be the RRR spectrum.

Neutron,

maybe not useful, but the approach is unconventional and interesting. I think a non-traditional representation of price is very promising.

I wonder if any of the forum participants have tried to show prices in 2D or 3D images.

I mean bar, line, candlestick, tic-tac-toe and "torch" type charts in the well-known wave analysis program.

keekkenen >>:

хороший советник - это тот советник, который точно работает по алгоритму, по которому он создавался..

As you say, an EA will be good even if it is a sinker. If its code is written specifically to be a sinker

In fact, the author didn't put the question correctly or rather accurately.

the topic is a dead end and completely unnecessary. There are NO answers to the 5 concepts highlighted by the author at the very beginning of the thread! A good EA is one that makes money and it doesn't matter on what time frame, because any good one can be replaced by any other good one. Trading is about risk management, not about predicting random events. Constant and stable earnings are not possible here. You can either make a good profit or blow a good one, and there are a lot of ways to do it. None of the ways will guarantee you a stable income. Be it crossing averages or a hyper-duper trading system. The idea is to bring in surplus money from outside and multiply it. Moreover, a full drain of the deposited amount should be perceived rather painlessly, without serious consequences for a trader, let alone destroying the possibility to receive this surplus again.

Here is an example of the Grail:

You have a stable monthly income of X c.u. 5/6X you calmly provide yourself with a comfortable and normal existence. 1/6X is an amount that does not cause you any financial loss and you can easily do without it. You deposit this 1/6X on the market in the expectation that you will multiply it. At the end of the reporting period (month) you withdraw funds, if there is anything to withdraw to an untouched bank account. You deposit 1/X again and again in a similar manner. Thus the amount accumulated in your bank account will be your net income from trading. Only with increasing your income outside of the market system you can increase the amount, contributed to the market each month, increasing your opportunity to earn money on the market, not the chance but the opportunity. Thus, when sufficient sum of money is accumulated on income from trading, you can invest with minimal risk in another system (low-risk business), in non-market, which will also provide you with a certain consistency and Y c.u. income each month. You will already be able to increase your standard of living and your monthly contribution to the market. It will be for example (1/6X+1/2Y). Thus we are constantly building up capital, making risks insignificant for us. That was an example with arbitrary numeric values. But it is the Grail that provides a stable income in the market.)

Richie:

I have rewritten some principles and added to the above and found ones:

1. A good EA is an EA which earns money over a long period of time without significant adjustment at least for one symbol

2) A good Expert Advisor is an Expert Advisor, which works on the very patterns, which 95% of traders do not see those same

3) Good Expert Advisor - an Expert Advisor, which allows working with the maximum drawdown of no more than 10%.

4. Good Expert Advisor - Expert Advisor, which works taking into account random and unpredictable price movement.
5. Good Expert Advisor necessarily uses SL.
One kind of good Expert Advisor uses SL all the time, as one way of exiting a trade
(close SL).
Another type of good Expert Advisor uses SL only in extreme cases (far SL), and exits
in this case are usually based on indicator signals.

6. A good EA is one that works exactly according to the algorithm it was created with.

7. A good EA is one that takes into account all the problems of brokerage companies (spread widening, gaps, slippage,
spikes, no connection with the server, etc.).

8. A good EA is an EA that takes into account the possibility of rebooting of the trader's computer, communication failure, etc.

connection failure etc., and doesn't create errors in it.

9. Good advisors may be of 2 types: 1 type - advisor in the market all the time and turns positions
depending on the situation. The 2nd type - the Expert Advisor opens a position only in certain cases.

10. A good Expert Advisor can use pending orders, locking, hedging, increasing
and decreasing the size of positions. However, a good Expert Advisor can be made without using such
techniques.

11. a good Expert Advisor can use a specific TP, which is coordinated with SL, or not use
TP at all, with exiting trades based on indicator signals. A sliding SL can be used as TP

12. you can't write a good Expert Advisor on 1 or 3 standard indicators, which use
for their calculations for specific periods. The Expert Advisor shall take into account the fact that price fluctuations
have different amplitude and frequency (period).

13. In order to create a good Expert Advisor you can take a badly losing Expert Advisor (which is not losing due to the spread)
and mathematically turn it inside out. However, such a flip is far from always able to make
an EA profitable.

14. The work of a good Expert Advisor may be based on making a large number of deals per
unit time (a Pipsitter), on making an average number of deals, or on making a very small number of deals (an Investor).

number of deals (investor).

15. There are no good advisors freely available on the Internet. Good advisors are not for sale.

16. A good Expert Advisor can be written only by an extraordinary person.
The person must have good knowledge in several areas at once: mathematics, programming,
psychology, economics, etc. The person must be cunning, patient, disciplined and

motivated. A low value of any of the above will minimise the probability.

17. A good advisor is an advisor whose mathematical principle is clear to the trader.
"Black box" cannot be a good advisor for a long time.

Great, can you tell me where to get one of these?)

SLEPOYON1:
Great, can you tell me where to get one of these?)

See paragraph 15.

Richie:

baltik, if only it were that simple. I do not believe in the grail. But I do believe in a system capable of consistently making 15-20% per month.

I do not believe in building a good system solely on its basis. What matters here is not the indicator itself

The important thing here is not the indicator itself but the principle on which it is based.

By the way, I have a quite pertinent question, why does everyone try to pull out 15-20% for one instrument?! For me, 1.5-3% per month for a trading instrument is enough, it is the limit of my dreams))) in total for a portfolio, depending on the contract weight it comes out about 10-15%, the annual portfolio yield is about 50-70%.... these are serious inverse figures, it is enough to live well... i think that higher performance is possible only with a staff))), because one has to catch defects alone) one needs a team in this business. I sincerely believe that the foreign exchange market is too conservative. Yes, and I completely agree with 2 in the thread header "2. A good EA always works on all currency pairs, on all timeframes (small ones do not count because of the spread) and on all timeframes without any optimization. "The only difference is... I don't agree about the TF, there are sharp reasons that not all TFs are equally useful.

EricGR:

By the way, I have a quite pertinent question as to why everyone tends to pull in 15-20% on one instrument at a time....

Who is everyone?
Reason: