Why My XAUUSD 4H candles start with 1 hour shift?

Hello there,

I don't know why my XAUUSD(4H) candles start at 1,5,9,13,17 rather than 0,4,8,12 etc.

My Broker is HotForex(EU).

As I've heard, it should start at 0-4-8-12,16,20  like currency pairs but for me it starts at 1,5,9...

This issue is just for Gold and Silver

Why My XAUUSD 4H starts with 1 hour shift?

Any advice is appreciated,

Hossein

Ask your broker.

Gold is not a 24 hour market

Keith Watford:
Gold is not a 24 hour market

Do you mean for all traders XAUUSD candles start at 1,5,9,etc.?
Because I downloaded historical tick data and its candles open at 0,4,8... like currency pairs. But my broker recent data shows the candles open time as 1,5,9...

HosseinKOGO:

Do you mean for all traders XAUUSD candles start at 1,5,9,etc.?
Because I downloaded historical tick data and its candles open at 0,4,8... like currency pairs. But my broker recent data shows the candles open time as 1,5,9...

Probably not all brokers as they have different server times.

The broker's candle times may be different after the clocks changed last month.

Keith Watford:

Probably not all brokers as they have different server times.

The broker's candle times may be different after the clocks changed last month.

Therefore should I see XAUUSD chart the same as other traders around the world just with different timing? the chart's complicated shape should be the same right? However my currency pairs starts normally(0,4,8,12,16,20)

I'm bewildered! I've downloaded Dukascopy historical data in order to test my EA but the chart shape is slightly different with my broker history data then I figured out the Dukascopy XAUUSD candles start at 0,4,8,... while my broker XAUUSD candles open at 1,5,9... So I thought the slight difference in the shape might because of that 1 hour.

Reason: