Strategy to EA - teach me - page 2

timmyhanke: There is a service called fxdreema which i use , the only way for me to make expert advisors since im not a coder.

So instead of giving up i found that site and i have made expert advisors ever since.

EA builder, fxDreema, EATree, etc. are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned to the language up front, and then just wrote it.
  • Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate. If you ask for help, how can we? If we suggest a OrderSelect loop with Magic Number and Symbol filtering, to find the current order, can you code that? Doubtful.
              Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum
    We're not going to code it for you and even if we did, would you know where to put it and how to integrate it into "your" code?
    We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.
  • EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time. New candle - MQL4 forum
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for ECN brokers.
    EA builder makes bad code, not checking return codes.
    EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)

whroeder1:
EA builder, fxDreema, EATree, etc. are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned to the language up front, and then just wrote it.
  • Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate. If you ask for help, how can we? If we suggest a OrderSelect loop with Magic Number and Symbol filtering, to find the current order, can you code that? Doubtful.
              Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum
    We're not going to code it for you and even if we did, would you know where to put it and how to integrate it into "your" code?
    We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.
  • EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time. New candle - MQL4 forum
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for ECN brokers.
    EA builder makes bad code, not checking return codes.
    EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)

Are you seriously sitting and waiting for someone to mention an expert advisor generating software , so you can take your pre made template and post it ?

He wanted help , i wrote a solution trying to help , im not forcing him to do anything.

And what you write ,bad code for counting up while closing multible orders, not true

not adjusting to 4/5 digit broker tp/sl and slippage , not true

not adjusting for ecn brokers , not true

not checking returncodes , not true

it will be as good you want it to be , based on how much you put in it, the more you know the better it will be, btw ea generators are evolving so dont base your statement on old knowlage , knowing before writing.

And the funny thing is that you wrote the text like that you gladly sits down and help everyone with their problems in coding , but the only thing i have seen from you is that exact text template :)

Reason: