Custom indicator into EA -> not the iCustom function!

Hi all,

I have a custom indicator and I build an EA from it. I would like to know is there any chance to put the indicator into the EA so I would be able to sell it via the market?

Iam not talking about the iCustum function, I already use this to use it with my terminal, but nobody would be able to use it without the indicator.

Thanks for your help,

Max

You need to embed it as resource. Please do some searches.

Alain Verleyen:
You need to embed it as resource. Please do some searches.

Hi Alain,

thanks for your fast respond.

Do you have any good examples? Iam not really sure how to do it

Thanks in advance,

Max

Maximilian Goldbecker:

Hi Alain,

thanks for your fast respond.

Do you have any good examples? Iam not really sure how to do it

Thanks in advance,

Max

You could use the example provided at the link from Alain's post (this example) :

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                     SampleEA.mq5 |
//|                        Copyright 2013, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |
//|                                              https://www.mql5.com |
#resource "\\Indicators\\SampleIndicator.ex5"
int handle_ind;
//| Expert initialization function                                   |
int OnInit()
  {
//---
   handle_ind=iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"::Indicators\\SampleIndicator.ex5");
   if(handle_ind==INVALID_HANDLE)
     {
      Print("Expert: iCustom call: Error code=",GetLastError());
      return(INIT_FAILED);
     }
//--- ...
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }

That way no external file is used and it does not need to be distributed (in the case of the example code the "SampleIndicator.ex5" does not need to exist on users PC - it is in your compiled EA)

Mladen Rakic:

You could use the example provided at the link from Alain's post (this example) :

That way no external file is used and it does not need to be distributed (in the case of the example code the "SampleIndicator.ex5" does not need to exist on users PC - it is in your compiled EA)

Hi Mladen,

I red the arcticle and the example, but I didnt understand how the EA knows, e.g. with your example, how to calculate the values of the indicator?

Thanks,

Max

Maximilian Goldbecker:

Hi Mladen,

I red the arcticle and the example, but I didnt understand how the EA knows, e.g. with your example, how to calculate the values of the indicator?

Thanks,

Max

Post your EA and the indicator here (any EA that you have made and the indicator it is using) and then it can be shown how

Mladen Rakic:
Post your EA and the indicator here (any EA that you have made and the indicator it is using) and then it can be shown how

Hi Mladen,

thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advance!

Max

Files:

Maximilian Goldbecker:

Hi Mladen,

thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advance!

Max

Like this

The ex4 file already has the indicators in it - ie: you don't need the files in the indicators folder if you use the indicators as it is done in the EA now

Files:

Mladen Rakic:
Like this

The ex4 file already has the indicators in it - ie: you don't need the files in the indicators folder if you use the indicators as it is done in the EA now

Thanks Mate. Your are a legend!

Mladen Rakic:
Like this

Hello Mladen! hope youre fine, theres an indicator im using called trendEnvelopes v2, i tried to follow the steps shown to embed the icustom indicator into the EA but when i change brokers it sa2018.10.02 03:14:09.400 2018.01.03 14:06:41  cannot open file 'C:\Users\Joslin\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\1DAFD9A7C67DC84FE52EAA1FC1E5CF75\MQL4\indicators\TrendEnvelopes_v2.ex4' [2]

can you please show me how to do it?

Thanks for this post! I was looking for sth like this for a long time!
Reason: