Manual systems discussion - page 15

undertitan:
I agree so much. That's the million dollar question I guess. Thanks for sharing your personal opinion.

I've been doing profit targets, but know that I'm leaving money on the table.

I know my entries are good, and am over 90% accurate on my trades with this system. I don't know how it would be with a trailing stop, or MA stop or whatever... I believe the accuracy would be the same, but with a factor of more pips.

Hope to hear more input.

Thanks again.

Best SL is the one that never gets a hit. You wouldnt' have more pips by adding SL.

Linuxser:
Best SL is the one that never gets a hit. You wouldnt' have more pips by adding SL.

by moving the SL, after the trade is profitable, how would I not have more pips?

it's certainly not uncommon to trail the stops and use them as the exit.

perhaps we got our wires crossed somehow. whatever word is used for it, i'm looking for trader advice on how they stay in a trade longer, instead of just hitting a price target.

i'm familiar with the varied methods, but am looking for trader experience.

how do you exit a trade, Linuxser?

Someone asked for exit so I found this elite section thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178354

undertitan:
by moving the SL, after the trade is profitable, how would I not have more pips?

perhaps we got our wires crossed somehow. whatever word is used for it, i'm looking for trader advice on how they stay in a trade longer, instead of just hitting a price target.

To get more pips the best exit is needed, not the best (trailing) stop. Trailing stop prevents to lose the profits on the counter waves. Often is better to manage a "trailing exit". That's mean, if your trade is going well why to close it?. Move your stop but move your exit too.

My exits? See the advanced tradign thread on current section. I'm targeting numbers.

Linuxser:
To get more pips the best exit is needed, not the best (trailing) stop. Trailing stop prevents to lose the profits on the counter waves. Often is better to manage a "trailing exit". That's mean, if your trade is going well why to close it?. Move your stop but move your exit too. My exits? See the advanced tradign thread on current section. I'm targeting numbers.

That's what I was referring to when I said that I wanted to stay in the trade longer, so sounds like I used the wrong phrase. So, a trailing exit is what i meant.

Thanks for your input.

how to stay in trade longer

undertitan:

If you want to stay in the trade longer, just write your TP level on a piece of paper but don't exit the position, then wait 10 minutes. Sorted! You have stayed in the trade longer....

Sarcasm aside, why don't you just practice simple MM techique where you sell a portion at let the rest ride. to a more aggresive exit point (Have a moving SL though if you are going to do this)

Don't be greedy though. Nothing wrong with making a profit.

Cheers

Shayne

staying it trades longer

shayne1972:
If you want to stay in the trade longer, just write your TP level on a piece of paper but don't exit the position, then wait 10 minutes. Sorted! You have stayed in the trade longer....

Sarcasm aside, why don't you just practice simple MM techique where you sell a portion at let the rest ride. to a more aggresive exit point (Have a moving SL though if you are going to do this)

Don't be greedy though. Nothing wrong with making a profit.

Cheers

Shayne

I had an EA written to manage position exits for me automatically for my manual trades. It has excellent MM but doesn;t close all manual trades properly. I posted the .mq4 file in the Tools/Utilies thread about a week or so back but nobody commented. If you let an EA manage your TP, you can usually do better in squeezing more pips out of a trade than a nervouse human pulling the trigger. (I don;t care how cool and collected you think yo are, you still react emotionally to price swings, a computer does not).

i have yet to see an EA that can automatically close out manual trades. I don't know why they do not work so well. Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers

Shayne

eden3000:
Try to set this indicator TF60 on chart 15 min.

The result are very very good. I think is more easy to trade in this way.

Thanks Kalenzo!

What is the method to trade with this indicator? Thank you!

Sources of volume (aggregated or otherwise)...

I am looking for sources of volume other than esignal's aggregate feed via GTIS and Interactive Brokers compressed "snapshot" data. I have heard that Reuters, Bloomberg, and Hotspot FXi provide volume data but have not confirmed it - - anyone with DIRECT experience with volume sources out there? If so, please elaborate and give datafeed specifics, pricing, etc. TIA

Volume indicator searched!

Hi all,

please, do you helps me, I am for searching a volume indicator, that shows me in realtime buyers and sellers. As example see here prasath2008 picture:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178024

This indicator must be a custom indicator, not .ex file. Thank you.

Kind regards

Heike

Reason: