General - page 1897

I'm running 2 demo account (StrategyBuilder and Millennium Trader) using the MT4 platform , I'm using the exact same "moving average" expert on both but they do not behave the same. One of them does about 4 to 5 trades a days and the other does pretty nothing . The strategy Builder is the one doing...
Just curious as to how, I can add an indicator (i-trend) to an expert and create settings that if the indicator passes certain values in I-trend , to not enter a trade. If can help or point me in right direction. Thank you
Hi. I've got some problem to read values from iMAOnArray function. This is my code: for( i = limit ; i > 0 ; i--) { buffer[i] = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Juice",7,0.0004,0,i); } double ma = iMAOnArray(buffer,0,14,0,MODE_EMA,0); And the ma value is like value 1 on the chart,...
I Change After The Chinese (Traditional) appearance the ????
Can you please tell me what is an algorithm to calculate "Line Chart"
I am using MetaQuote demo account which is using Interbank FX server. Is there any time out period for such account?
Alpari just updated my build of the terminal and all the compiled indicators disappeared from the hard disk. If the terminal is open, compiling an indicator does not produce its output. If it is closed I can build it but as soon as I open the terminal, the files disappear.... Big bug !!!
  Sleep() on Loss  (3)
Hi all, What I 'm trying to achieve is that I don't want the EA to enter on the same bar that it took a lost. I can't figure it out.How would one do to put EA on sleep() for like 10 minutes if last trade was a lost? Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Maxime Chartrand.
Hello, In my strategy I use first of all StepMA Stoch v1 and it will be much easier if I have a Audio alert when the lines crossing. Where are I can find this ? maybe somobody wrote this kind of program and could be send ? best regards AFP
Hi, I've uploaded the image of a chart . I need to decode the lines in order to put it into my own system for trading. The only information I have is the following picture: http://www.lifestyle-guides.com/golf/forexpic.jpg Plus the fact it is EUR/USD and I think 15min chart but could be 5min. I am...
Kindly remind me would like to insert emas 144 and 200 of 1 min chart , to 1 hour chart. How i can do that?
Brokers have been rolling this new v188 build out since last Thursday or Friday yet there's still no listing of what has been changed. And what happened to v187 ? And why can't you convert the SpeechText code to a DLL, in like a few hours instead of 'maybe' months ? Surely the users who don't...
  Porralouca  (1)
Hi, You might like to play around with this EA I coded a few months ago in an effort to understand the problems with MT3 strategy tester. Its name in portuguese means a guy that acts without thinking. This EA does the same. It has no strategy at all. It makes huge profits in the strategy tester but...
When i run liveupdate to build 188 it wont do ! the program freezes when i push the update and restart button, never had this prob before. Jannik
Hi, Will the Strategy Tester make use of any additional CPU's to calculate the end results if 2 or more CPU's exist on a PC?
Hi does anyone know why the thread tools don't work here any longer?
Why myarray[0]==0 after myarray[0]=123? int init() { //---- int myarray[]; int test; myarray[0]=123; Print (myarray[0]); //---------------- result: 0 test=456; Print (test); //---------------- result: 456 //---- return(0); }
  v 188 crashes  (4)
I noticed the latest MT4 v 188 crashes either after compiling an EA or after trading the EA Real-time. I tried in on different machines on demo accounts and it behaves the same. Does anybody experience these crashes? I will try to capture a screen with the error next time and post it.
  FidgetExp  (11   1 2)
Hi everybody, My last results .I'm testing M15 TF but H1 is the best. The attached statement is M15 TF. Regards MFX
When I run MT4 InterbankFX and Alpari with 2 basic EAs, I noticed that my machine was slow and almost unusable. I then looked at Taskinfo to see what was taking my CPU usage. I then noticed that MT4 was taking 100% of my CPU just from running the 2 EA's in real time (not backtesting). See this...
I am developing my first ea right now and I am having trouble with a trailing stop. I can initiate an instant buy or sell order but I do not know how to give it a trailing stop. Can anyone help me with this. I am currently using an OrderSend function for the instant orders. If someone could please
Hi, I use the function Comment() in 2 indicators. Only the comment of one of them is visible on the chart. I hope this is not as designed and that each comment should be visible one by one. Nicolas
  Error 4066  (3)
Hi, I have this portion of code before managing my orders : if (OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS)) { err = GetLastError(); (err>1) { Print("Error : " + "( " + err+ "): " ErrorDescription(err));...
Does anyone have a moving average function where the average is based off a time period, eg 30m chart, and then if you display a 5 min chart, the value of the moving average is expanded correspondingly so you can see where price is on a 5min chart relative to a moving average off a 30min chart It...
I have a problem here. Testing a theoretical model as expert I let it just run. Now the account has balance -4333. One trade has a loss -5509 because the price of USDCAD has moved from 1.1654 to 0.7514. It could be normal but there is no such price in the history. there is a chance that it readed...
2006.01.13 20:15:12 HistoryBase: 3 errors in 'USDCHF1'
  AceTrader/trendsetter  (12   1 2)
Hi This is a text based tool 24hours and reputation best in the world from a group of 25 years reputation and used by many bank traders for text ideas. Does anyone know how to get access to their intraday as a freebie? Here is a feed which gives their daily outlook on EUR/USD and other pairs ---...
yabadabadooooo holiday is over see ya nxt year
Can anyone explain to me how to establish a live DDE connection betwee MT4 and microsoft excel. I would like to be able to pull live prices information from MT4 directly into excel. The syntax for doing this with intellicharts for instance looks like this: =fxtrek|Bid!EURUSD It was really quite...