General - page 1833

High/Low value?  (1)
Hi all, I use zigzag to find Highs and Lows. How I put every high value to a variable and put every low value to another variable? What kind of function must I use? The idea is I want to connect every High to High and every Low to Low with a line. So to connect them, I need to get the values marked...
What could be the problem with opening new position: Strategy tester "open" position but in real trade no? For sure I used your Metaquotes "Moving Average" EA just changed parameters.EA runs at 1 min. chart. Strategy tester is tested at open price only.The EA is absolutely simple.No indicator at...
MetaTrader 4 build 197 has been released. What’s new: 1. Fixed error of switching the period for the charts with attached expert. 2. Fixed charts bar switching. 3. Fixed error of trade context emptying after timeout. 4. MQL4: Fixed error of the code optimizer. New terminal can be downloaded...
after upgrade to 196 from 195, when I change the chart period, then a crash occure... There has been a critical error Time : 2006.09.08 11:11 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 196, 07 Sep 2006) Owner : MetaQuotes Software Corp. (MetaTrader) OS :...
Please i need help making an EA
Hello, MetaTrader 4. If I choose a daily periodicity, MT4 creates a bar corresponding at the last hour of Sunday. I think MT4 creates this bar because of the time shift of France. I have the feeling that distort my daily graphs. How to manage this problem? Thank you. Tintin92
Slawa, If I comment Print("test") line than loop "for" will not work. Why? It was working a OK on 195; I have Build 196; 7, September 2006 Substituting Print("test") call with a call to dummy() function will work too. void dummy() { }...
Does anybody know anything about this indicator FOR MT4? Especially where can I find it
Hey guys Lenar the president of MQ asked me to join Automated Trading Championship 2006 and to give interview about automated trading. He did search participants database and told me he hadn't found me. It's kinda exciting first, but I am not going to join that contest because of privacy reasons....
  Indicator help  (3)
hello, i want to create a custom indicator but dont know how to do this. I want to create a simple box over certin candle patterns. and to be able to choose what color of a box is over each pattern. theese are the following patterns i want to have boxed. Dark cloud cover, piercing line pattern,both...
[Deleted]
I am wondering what's the difference between sending a stop order than comparing with the current price and sending a market order in EA. Will the latter get less chance to be filled? Does anyone here know the answer? Thanks!
I get trade signals via, email, sms, and website. Is there anyway that to get these trade signals to execute in MT4?
Does anyone know of an indicator using the MACD and SAR. I'm looking to use it th same way as Newdigital's ASCTrend method. What are the chances that anyone has an indicator that gives you and alert/signal that the Parabolic SAR and the MACD MAs are crossing at same time or within in 5 minutes? If I
  Need help  (1)
how to write the code for Buylimit and selllimit @ a MA cross . I am trying to use it for counter trend .... if anyone can modify the codes below for buylimit and selllimit orders. //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------// void CheckOpen(){ bool Buy,...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, an interview with Andrey Khatimlyanskyy using the nickname of komposter has been published. Andrey has written dozens of useful articles devoted to Expert Advisors development and use, and developed a variety of MQL4 programs. Andrey...
Hello! Im developing a automated trading platform and right now im trying to make some simple indicators. I tryied to make a simple stochastic using a %K and %D lines, and using the following formula for the %K: ( ( Today's Close - Lowest Low in %K Periods ) / ( Highest High in %K Periods - Lowest...
Hello, It would be good to create multiple choice values for an extern variable. For example: extern string myDropDownListChoices="Option1"|"Option2"|"Option3"; and it would display a drop down list of only those string choices. or -- extern int myDropDownListChoices=50|100|200; and it would...
  E-mail alert  (2)
hi there,anyone know how to configure the e-mail alert in options tab in metatrader have set the correct smtp server etc,seems to be the last 2 boxes im stuck with,the from and to ,any help appreciated,thanks
Hello all, Can some one tell me how I can get the value of MACD histogram? I'm using iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_SIGNAL,1) to get the signal and iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1) to get the MACD but not sure what I need to use to get the value of Histogram? Thank Kam
Hi, I have made a very simple EA. The problem I am having is that when I use the Every Tick method while testing lets say on the 1 hour chart, if the triggers are set and the EA opens the trade and takes profit, if the current candle still meets the criteria, it will immediately open another trade!...
Has anyone code for MT4 yet that can import a VAR that can be used in the start loop not just the init()? I really want to try some idea that needs to pick up 2 int's from a file or external program and be able to use them in the start loop to make trades
I'm been told by a fellow trader that there's a bug in v196 that is causing crashes. Has that been fixed yet? Might have something to do with an API change.
I've downloaded Alpari data for EUR/USD M1. I cleared out all my history for EUR/USD, then imported it. It then showed 718,928 under M1. All the data appears to be there dating back to 2004/06/16. I then went to the strategy tester, entered 2005 dates, clicked "Recalculate" on an M1 chart, and...
MetaTrader 4 build 196 has been released. What’s new: 1. Tester: Added visualization of testing. 2. Tester: At testing the expert template .tpl is applied. If such template is not found, tester.tpl is used. 3. Tester: Improved drawing of balance at testing. 4. Tester: Added the reopening...
Expert advisors leaders IN ELITE SECTION win more than 3000 pips (30000$ investing 1 lot every time) almost every month What is it? Report ? I want to inform myself over the Elite Section how you and when you get informed set an order, how and how it is is it really 3000 pips per month? really 3000...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know the code to alert me when the force index crosses a defined level? It seems so easy, but I have not found anything. Also, is there a generic alert script that I can say... "if this signal crosses this number alert me"... like the price alert, except for indicators? Thanks for the...
  Newbie Question  (1)
Greetings, I have downloaded MetaTrader4 and have some questions: Is it possible to demo trade AND live trade with MetaTrader4 as an individual? If so, what is the minimum for opening an account, what are the spreads, etc? Next, I have found an EA that I am considering purchasing, but I...
Does anyone know if it's possible to subscribe to like, the new posts of this forum using RSS feed at like, bloglines or something? thanks in advance,