General - page 1790

Hello all, Has anyone had any success creating a .DLL in VB6 to use in MT4? If so, could you share the setup and some sample code? Codersguru (a very knowledgable post to this board) indicates he's attempted it but never got it to work. He posts a Visual C example - But I'm a VB6 coder.... Any...
  Vertical Line  (34   1 2 3 4)
Is there an indicator out there that will add 2 vertical lines on a chart at specific times that are giving. The times are not important, but just need it to draw 2 vertical lines on the chart. I would like to be able to change the following in the properties area: 1. time for line one 2. time for...
I've seen references to this problem going back to build 193 I think but no official notice, just that it's being worked on. I import daily OHLC data into Metatrader in ascii format but it shows missing days/weeks in history center and when loading a daily chart. I can import the same file into
  Martingale with SMA21  (52   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hello Can someone try to code below strategy ? 1. Attach Simple Moving Average ( median price ) 21 to H1 chart GBPUSD. 2. BUY - when new candle opens above SMA21 with 0.1. 3. SELL - when new candle opens below SMA21 with 0.1. 4. If the market against you, and the next candle opens in the other side...
Does anybody have the EA to close all open orders of GBPJPY? I don't want to close all order, just the pair GBPJPY only. thanks in advance
Hi! I have a trading strategy I would like to try out. Maybe somebody here can code this: Buy: 1. "a" higher closings (last tick each bar) within "b" bars triggers a buy signal. The EA goes long. 2. If the price drops more than "c" pips another long position is taken, until "d" no of positions...
Hello. I'm having problems with problem with MailSend() function. ... How could i possibly solve this problem?
[Deleted]
  Spread logger  (8)
Small description of expert: The user can set extern variable SpreadToCheck. If current spread will be wider than SpreadToCheck, then expert will record current time and current spread in *.csv file. For example: The EURUSD default spread at your broker is 3 pips, but sometimes it becomes wider. If...
  Xor3 ea (H4)  (84   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
hello, here is my new ea named "xor3". I love 10pt ea and i have used it, but at the end, this ea kill you. You win 1000 times, but one time, you lose ... a lot. I have modified 10pt3, but at the end, it was not good ...unless you have millions of $$$ to accept large movements. so i create wor3. The...
  Point and Figure Charts?  (23   1 2 3)
Anyone have a "Point and Figure" charts plugin? It would require all the bells and whistles.. reversal size customization, box size customization, "high/low, or close" etc. Anyone know where to get something like this.. or is anyone willing to code this up? Point and figure could be amazing for...
Could anyone recommend their best trend indicator please? Looking to find trend for trading day ahead. All help welcome! thanks
  Day High & Low indicator..  (11   1 2)
I am looking for an indicator that gives me days highs & lows. I just cannot find it. I found it once... please help
New server is finally online. Please if you experience any problem in this new plattform write me a private message. Thank you Best regards.
These articles describe how to trade manually in the strategy tester: - "MQL4: Testing Visualization: Manual Trading" - testing strategies manually on history; - "MQL4: Testing Visualization: Functionality Enhancement" - mq4-programs that can make strategy testing highly similar to the real...
Hello, Is there a way to download older versions of Metatrader ? (ie pre-201 builds) Thanks
Hi there, I started working with the data center and wanted to be clear regarding several things: 1. True/False that: The DC supplies ONLY price quotes (and version updates) from the "parent" server. The MT login MUST MATCH the parent server to be subscribed to the quotes. If it's not, the MT will...
hi can anyone please tell me if it is possible to change the times when you start to recieve data. for example the dow jonens opens at 14:30 gmt but i only want to recieve the realtime data from 15:30 is this at all possible. please help
Was testing our a strategy, and one of my USDJPY trades closed at $1.64 - how can that happen? any help would be appreciated. -Al
Hello, could someone please make the following indicator I would like to have a momentum of a moving average. (With 2 parameters, 1 to adjust the period of the momentum, one of the moving average) As histogram, please
Hello all, Those two indicators expirated I tried to join Fx Sniper by email, but it seems he deletes his email account These indicators taken a great part in my trading, and since they expired i'm very despointted and my trading go slowly Please who can help me, give indicator with no...
Does anyone know if there is an EA out there that meets this criteria or can someone who has the experience and knowledge make one? PROPERTIES: sStr1 -------- === TIME REVERSAL === FirstCandle -------- 11:00 SecondCandle -------- 14:00 TimeToPlaceTrade...
This system seems profitable on Cable. If anyone can make an EA, then that would be brill. PDF attached.
is it possible to build an indicator based on the MA levels, eg if i wanted to use a 21 SMA with levels of +40 and -40, how would this be coded in comparison to ma = iMA(NULL,0,21,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); is it simply a case of ma + 0.0040 ma - 0.0040
Hi, I have a script which keeps on calling RefreshRates() in a while loop. The script is executed on the USDJPY chart. RefreshRates() returns TRUE only if a new tick is received for the Symbol() in the chart. That is, USDJPY in this case. How can I make RefreshRates() return TRUE for other...
Hello, I couldn't find a solution to this in the forum search. I'm sure this is an easy question, but, I'm just missing it. Is there a function that checks to make sure a custom indicator is installed? Thanks. stockwet
hi ,is it possible to make an indicator that alerts to when 2 moving averages with shift added cross each other? i.e....sma 14 with shift of 8 cross with a sma 7 with a shift of 5. any help would be great even if its just a NO it cant be done,thanks
  memory leak in build 200  (21   1 2 3)
I have been running the same EA for six months with no problems at all and then with the upgrade to build 200 a severe memory leak began. Within a matter of hours all 2GB of memory and 4GB of paging file have been used on my computer and I receive this error over and over again: no memory for temp...