MQL5 Signal Options

When subscribing to a signal, on the TRADE tab there was an option for “size by default” .. is this a fixed lot option so whenever a trade is opened it has the lotsize I chose in that selection by default? 

Thank you for your help, I couldn’t find an article explaining.

General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5 Trading Signals is a service allowing traders to copy trading operations of a Signals Provider. Our goal was to develop the new massively used service protecting Subscribers and relieving them of unnecessary costs.

Carl Schreiber #:

Do you know this article: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/618#example

Yes I am aware of this, but I am asking about the specific option on the “TRADE” tab where it said “size by default”. i could not find anything explaining what this means.

Thank you for the article though.

Marcel:
When subscribing to a signal, on the TRADE tab there was an option for “size by default” .. is this a fixed lot option so whenever a trade is opened it has the lotsize I chose in that selection by default? 

Thank you for your help, I couldn’t find an article explaining.

The default size of the MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Trade tab has nothing to do with the signal subscription's copied lot size.

The lot size of your signal subscription is copied automatically and proportionally to your account's balance, leverage and currency.

You can decrease it by lowering the participation rate of your account in Signals settings (up to 95% maximum), but you can't increase it if you already use the 95% maximum.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

The default size of the MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Trade tab has nothing to do with the signal subscription's copied lot size.

The lot size of your signal subscription is copied automatically and proportionally to your account's balance, leverage and currency.

You can decrease it by lowering the participation rate of your account in Signals settings (up to 95% maximum), but you can't increase it if you already use the 95% maximum.

Thank you for the reply. 

So I have one question, if you or anyone else may be able to answer for me.. if I have an extremely low deposit of $100 compared to the providers $3000+ and I have the participation rate set to 5%, will the signal use the lowest lot size possible being .01 lot or will it just not open the trade at all if the participation rate is not enough? 

Marcel #:

Thank you for the reply. 

So I have one question, if you or anyone else may be able to answer for me.. if I have an extremely low deposit of $100 compared to the providers $3000+ and I have the participation rate set to 5%, will the signal use the lowest lot size possible being .01 lot or will it just not open the trade at all if the participation rate is not enough? 

The lowest possible size will always be copied.

Reason: