Color of indicators cannot be changed

Hey guys,

I have the following problem and it seem I am not the only one.

I cannot change the colors of indicators. I can change text in a text field,

but if I double click the color fields, nothing changes. No menu appears.

It is with all indicators.

What is the solution?

Thanks

Your topic has been moved to the section: Technical Indicators
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Meng Zi: I have the following problem and it seem I am not the only one.I cannot change the colors of indicators. I can change text in a text field, but if I double click the color fields, nothing changes. No menu appears. It is with all indicators. What is the solution?
Please provide more details, including sample code and/or screenshots. Remember that we cannot see your computer nor read your mind.

Meng Zi:

Hey guys,

I have the following problem and it seem I am not the only one.

I cannot change the colors of indicators. I can change text in a text field,

but if I double click the color fields, nothing changes. No menu appears.

It is with all indicators.

What is the solution?

Thanks

Yes, actually I noticed this as well...

You cannot edit the colors of indicators in the color tab of the properties of an indicator...

I thought, maybe it's me, but I guess it's actually a bug.

Dominik Egert #:
Yes, actually I noticed this as well...

You cannot edit the colors of indicators in the color tab of the properties of an indicator...

I thought, maybe it's me, but I guess it's actually a bug.
How do you reproduce that ?

Alain Verleyen #:
How do you reproduce that ?
Place an indicator on a chart. Try to change the colors of the lines... IE BBands...

You cannot click the color, the dialog doesn't open.

@Dominik Egert #: Place an indicator on a chart. Try to change the colors of the lines... IE BBands... You cannot click the color, the dialog doesn't open.

I have no such problem, be it internal indicators or custom indicators (MT5 build 4153, MT4 build 1403).

Dominik Egert #:
Place an indicator on a chart. Try to change the colors of the lines... IE BBands...

You cannot click the color, the dialog doesn't open.

If am asking it's because I don't have an issue. Never.

Wine issue ?

Alain Verleyen #:

Wine issue ?

Maybe, I don't know. I am investigating...

Alain Verleyen #:

Wine issue ?

As it seems, it is related to wine on Linux, but I couldn't figure out how to solve it jet...

Also I haven't tested the MQ Installer for wine jet. That will be my next approach.

I had the same issue with macOS... I thought I would leave a reply in case anyone had the same issue...

First you need to double click on the colour you are trying to change then you need to press F4 or try ALT F4 or CTRL F4,

this will bring up the colour palette which you can choose to change the colour.
Reason: