Question about lot multiplier

Hi guys,

I need a help regarding the lot multiplier.

I've made a multiplier that follow step balance - so it increases first lot accordingly to the balance of the account.

However I have a problem setting up the multiplier.

So far I've found the ROUND UP option but it's not good, for example when you have a multiplier where you get 0.011 it will round up to the highest 0.02 instead of keeping it at 0.01 as i wanted.

Can someone assist me about this, how can i just ROUND the number in two decimals?

Thanks in advance!

Schumacher Drive:
Hi guys,

I need a help regarding the lot multiplier.

I've made a multiplier that follow step balance - so it increases first lot accordingly to the balance of the account.

However I have a problem setting up the multiplier.

So far I've found the ROUND UP option but it's not good, for example when you have a multiplier where you get 0.011 it will round up to the highest 0.02 instead of keeping it at 0.01 as i wanted.

Can someone assist me about this, how can i just ROUND the number in two decimals?

Thanks in advance!

Please use 

MathCeil() 

rather than 

MathRound()

Busingye Tusasirwe #: Please use rather than 
I suggest you read the OP's question again.

Schumacher Drive: I need a help regarding the lot multiplier. I've made a multiplier that follow step balance - so it increases first lot accordingly to the balance of the account. However I have a problem setting up the multiplier.

So far I've found the ROUND UP option but it's not good, for example when you have a multiplier where you get 0.011 it will round up to the highest 0.02 instead of keeping it at 0.01 as i wanted. Can someone assist me about this, how can i just ROUND the number in two decimals?

Please take the time to search and read the documentation before posting ...

MathCeil

Returns integer numeric value closest from above

MathFloor

Returns integer numeric value closest from below

MathRound

Rounds of a value to the nearest integer

Here is an example using MathFloor, but in your case you should use MathRound instead ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Round down double mql5

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.12.16 19:12

void OnStart() {
   double dbSeed  = 1.0,
          dbRatio = 1.5,
          dbStep  = 0.01;
   for( int i = 0; i < 10; i++ ) {
      PrintFormat( "Lots: %.2f (Value: %.6f)", MathFloor( dbSeed ) * dbStep, dbSeed );
      dbSeed *= dbRatio;
   };
};
Lots: 0.01 (Value: 1.000000)
Lots: 0.01 (Value: 1.500000)
Lots: 0.02 (Value: 2.250000)
Lots: 0.03 (Value: 3.375000)
Lots: 0.05 (Value: 5.062500)
Lots: 0.07 (Value: 7.593750)
Lots: 0.11 (Value: 11.390625)
Lots: 0.17 (Value: 17.085938)
Lots: 0.25 (Value: 25.628906)
Lots: 0.38 (Value: 38.443359)
Documentation on MQL5: Math Functions / MathRound
Documentation on MQL5: Math Functions / MathRound
  • www.mql5.com
MathRound - Math Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Reason: