Expert advisor is compiling but will not load

My expert advisor has been working fully for over a week now. I edited a single number today (which should not cause an error) in a calculation in the expert and noticed that now it runs as though it were a blank expert. Metatrader says it has compiled it, but in the journal, this message comes up:

09:17:04 Expert: 'Breakout' loaded [0 uservars, 0 inputs, 0 vars, 0 strings, 0 ini, 0 exe]

which appears to mean that it is not loading at all. Also, when I edit the MQL file now, no matter what I put in, even if it contains errors, the compiler verifies it as being correct. This only happens with MY expert advisor, as the other samples given with the program all still work. I'm using MetaTrader 3.83. The broker's version of the software does this, but so does MetaTrader if I download it from this website. I'm tried reinstalling the programs, copying the original code into a new wizard and recompiling it but it seems to have no effect. This has happened to me once before, but somehow it began compiling correctly again. There appear to be no errors with the code. Now I can't get it to work no matter what I do. Any help would be appreciated.

Do I need to clarify my explanation above?

there is nothing to execute [0 uservars, 0 inputs, 0 vars, 0 strings, 0 ini, 0 exe]

I found out what the problem was. It turns out my program was being commented out by the beginning comment line for some unexplainable reason. I took out the brackets and changed this:

/*[[
Name := Breakout
Author := Copyright © 2002, MetaQuotes Software Corp.
Link := https://www.metaquotes.net/
Notes :=
Lots := 1
Stop Loss := 0
Take Profit := 40
Trailing Stop := 0
]]*/

To this:

/*
Name := Breakout
Author := Copyright © 2002, MetaQuotes Software Corp.
Link := https://www.metaquotes.net/
Notes :=
Lots := 1
Stop Loss := 0
Take Profit := 40
Trailing Stop := 0
*/

And the program now loads correctly. I'm not sure what caused it to happen in the first place, but my program was not "greyed out" as I would expect if it were being commented out.
Reason: