Use Heiken_Ashi as main chart

Hello everyone. I'm trying to use the chart produced by the Heiken_Ashi indicator as a chart on which other indicators can do the calculations and plot figures, lines, etc. Is the code below correct?

Files:

does this guy like snakes?

Tiofelo Teles: Hello everyone. I'm trying to use the chart produced by the Heiken_Ashi indicator as a chart on which other indicators can do the calculations and plot figures, lines, etc. Is the code below correct?

The close value of the Heikin Ashi is exactly the same as the EMA(3) of the True Price (OHLC4). So, you can base other indicators on that.

But if you want to use all HA Prices values as the source for other indicators, then the possible options are as follows:

• Create a Custom Symbol based on Heikin Ashi price values and then place your indicators on that.
  • Alter the source code of other indicators to be able to calculate HA values to use as the source of the indicator calculations

1. Tiofelo Teles: Is the code below correct?
    void OnTick()
      {
      }

How can it be; it doesn't do anything.

You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
              take candle color hekin ashi - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 #8-10 or #1 (2018)

2. Mary A Thompson #: does this guy like snakes?

So do I; I've had my Ball Python for 48+ years.

Mary A Thompson #:
Mary A Thompson #:

Yes, I like Black Mamba! But don't worry, I already changed the profile picture, thank you.

Tiofelo Teles #:

Yes, I like Black Mamba! But don't worry, I already changed the profile picture, thank you.

That's better.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The close value of the Heikin Ashi is exactly the same as the EMA(3) of the True Price (OHLC4). So, you can base other indicators on that.

But if you want to use all HA Prices values as the source for other indicators, then the possible options are as follows:

• Create a Custom Symbol based on Heikin Ashi price values and then place your indicators on that.
  • Alter the source code of other indicators to be able to calculate HA values to use as the source of the indicator calculations

Dear Fernando Carreiro, Thank you for the answers. 1. I would be grateful if you could send more links, books and examples of creating a "custom chart"

William Roeder #:
  1. How can it be; it doesn't do anything.

You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
              take candle color hekin ashi - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 #8-10 or #1 (2018)

2. So do I; I've had my Ball Python for 48+ years.

Dear William Roeder, thanks for the reply. The code doesn't really do anything! My aim is to use Heiken Ashi as a chart on which the other indicators can do their calculations and plot lines, histograms, etc as in the normal chart. In the code I wrote what little I understand

Fernando Carreiro #:

Dear Carreiro, I'm trying to use both ways (or create the custom symbol or change the indicator code to make calculations based on Heiken's values) however it's not being easy. I can't find anything similar here on the forum that can inspire me.
Reason: