Metatrader 6: New features

So the developers of MetaQuotes Software Corp. are getting ready to prepare Metatrader 6 to replace the 5-th version that will be 5 years old on June 1 of this year . The developers need ideas what the new version should contain that would be really useful for speculators and traders. Accordingly, in this thread we leave all suggestions for improving the software, as clear and concise wording.

First Hot 10 most anticipated improvements in version 6.

1. New "Indexes" menu: allows you to generate synthetic financial instruments (indexes) built on the sum or difference of two or more real instruments multiplied by custom coefficients. The menu makes these indices available for analysis, testing and trading. When trading, the system itself places buy/sell orders in the market in the volume and direction determined by the index structure,

2. History" tab: In the "Price" column for the market orders the average market price of execution should be displayed (instead of the current and uninformative "Market" value)

3. Testing strategies, "Graph" tab: An additional "Monthly performance" graph that shows the monthly result of the strategy's performance in terms of the monthly account change % (profit or loss),

4. Testing strategies, "Optimize" setting: Now the choice of securities is included in the search parameters for optimization along with other Expert Advisor parameters, allowing the user to make a global optimization of the parameters in one go.

5. Option "Settings": new tab "Export history to DB", where you can set the connection to a local database of MSSQL/SQLLite, and perform an unloading of all operations (orders and deals) in their online mode as they occur.

6. Indicator from Indicators: Now a user can specify in properties of any indicator another indicator already attached to a chart as a basis for calculation.

7. New "Reports" menu: allows users to generate in-depth reports on trade profitability based on central trading server data, the set of basic reports corresponds to the set of reports on "Backtest" tab of "Testing" panel. An additional builder allows the creation of a large number of customised custom reports.

8. Set of markets: in the new version it is possible to connect to different trading floors within one trading account, to work simultaneously with the futures, stock and currency sections of the exchange.

9. Control panels: "Go To:" control panel, where you set the required date in the past for the chart to be scrolled back to this date,

10. Visualizer: by clicking on the order in the "History" tab, the chart scrolls to this order. The user no longer needs to waste his time on manually scrolling the chart to see the results of interested trades.

I encourage all active users to think about what they would like to see in Metatrader 6 and form their own "Hot 10s". Please do not repeat ideas already listed by previous users in this thread.

I still haven't even upgraded to the 5-pc.

What I like about version 4:

- Good readability of program code

- Used by all brokers

Dislikes:

- Lack of multi-currency testing.

Wait for version 6. I'm more than happy with 4 for now...

))) It's not April Fool's Day

There was already a similar thread:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/13925

Server Muradasilov:
))) It's not the first of April.
He doesn't know about MT7 yet... But I'm keeping quiet, top secret.

Gulnaz Akhtyamova:
He doesn't know about MT7 yet... But I am keeping it quiet, it's extremely secret.

Fear has many eyes :) . A year ago, maybe more, I asked one broker when they would switch from demo MT5 to real trading. The answer was: MT6 is to come out, so we wait.)

I think we are waiting for it. MT5 has not exhausted all the potential, it still needs to be filled. Maybe they will launch a pay-per-view version for the smart ones.

It's a murky topic, the author seems to be being a bit cagey :)

Go to this Sergei Lebedev's profile and look at the feed - stupid scam!!!

All the threads and posts are just links to other authors.

sigma7i:

It's a murky topic, the author seems to be being a bit cagey :)

Go to this Sergei Lebedev's profile and look at the feed - stupid scam!!!

All the threads and posts are just links to other authors.

Competitors are collecting ideas on this forum, for their platform, they have no ideas))).

They want to be one step ahead of MT5.

Server Muradasilov:

Competitors collect ideas on this forum, for their platform, they do not have their own ideas))))

They want to be one step ahead of MT5

As soon as one of them will make a visual constructor, they will do it straight away. They just do not have enough power for this project.
Reason: