Rogue Trader

I was working on an EA for sometime now, constantly changing things and adding new settings.

Here is the latest version for you to try out. It's free and is still a work in progress.

It works best on a 5 digit broker, wouldn't recommend on a 4 digit broker.

In all of august there is not 1 losing trade.

Works best on EUR/USD, TimeFrame M1

Default settings are already optimized for Eur/Usd, but if you want to change anything here is what they mean.

Lot = Lot size for manual trading

MM = Money Management. MM has to = 0 for lot size to be effective, otherwise MM will override lot. Do back tests for what best suits you.

StopLoss = 1000 .. since it's a 5 digit broker it actually = 100 pips

TakeProfit = same as stop loss

MainTrail = All orders have the same trailing stop as the TrailingStop1 value

TrailingStop1 - 4 are for the orders 1 - 4. You can customize to have different trailing stops for different orders

APeriod = ADX Period, Conservative = 50. Other main poits are 14 & 32

RPeriod = RVI Period, Conservative = 10. The less the number the more trades, but also more losses in those trades.

MaxOrders = total number of orders open for this pair

Hedge = isn't very useful because of FIFO, so I will remove it on the next issue

SingleOrderPerBar = allows to open only 1 order per bar, if you turn it to false then it could open as much as your max orders on a single bar.

Use if you like. Here is a small video clip I made - trailer. If you like the video then you might like the ea.

Rogue Trader Trailer on Vimeo

Feedback is welcome

- Mike

Files:

Rogue Trader

Hi! Could you possibly explain how this EA works. I could not understand a word of your video because of the music that sounded like hip hop drowned out the voice. I listened to it twice and still could not understand it.

Thanks for sharing your EA.

I'll test it out and share my findings.

wseyle:
Hi! Could you possibly explain how this EA works. I could not understand a word of your video because of the music that sounded like hip hop drowned out the voice. I listened to it twice and still could not understand it.

There was no voice, it was just music by Toby Mac - a great christian artist, just added it for music, I didn't talk in the video.

Anywayz, this version of the ea works best on M1 timeframe. First it looks for the ADX to cross, when it does it looks for the RVI to be in the right direction. As a confirmation I added stoch so buy under 40 and sell over 80.

On the settings you could only change the rvi and adx.

Of you go to a higher period such as M15 use rvi 5

H1 - rvi 3

The less RVI value the more number of trades.

Rogue Trader

This looks a fantastic EA which I'm currently testing to destruction and will put up on MT4live.com when I've got something sensible to display. Sometimes it starts with some quite frightening drawdown figures, but to date has always recovered for a handsome profit. As we all do, I wish I had the nerve and pocket to back it with the same live money as I do on demo - I could have already made a fortune if I had. This is a great product C0deZ. Is anybody else testing?

Just a little forward test

c0deZ:
I was working on an EA for sometime now, constantly changing things and adding new settings.

Feedback is welcome

- Mike

Hi, Mike!

Your EA is pretty much impressive. I found it works better with RVI period 15 on M1 EURUSD chart.

This is backtest result from 27/08 till now:

But test from 01/01/2009 to date is going south unfortunately

Have you tried to test your EA on that period, because market conditions are pretty different now (ranging) and then (mostly trend)?

I think that using stochastic with parameters as you said, is okay for ranging market, but with trending market it works like when it below 20 or 30 it means that current down tendency is likely to continue, so there is no signal to buy. And for short positions as well - with trending market there is no "oversold" "overbought" conditions, which exist in ranging market.

Could be some other indicators work s a good filter of trades opening? I personally like CCI..

Regards,

Starting

4 digit

Any chance being able to use the EA with a 4 decimal broker?

thx,

todd

piptaker:
Any chance being able to use the EA with a 4 decimal broker?

thx,

todd

Hello,

Change:

StopLoss = 100

TakeProfit = 15

TrailingStop1 - 4 : 5,7,5,5

I've make a backtest today with FxLite (4 digits & 2 digits for lots)... seems to work correct.

Rather than remove the "Hedge" feature, if it actually does something worthwhile then why not just make it a user-selectable option?

Remember that not everyone trades with an NFA-crippled broker ;-)

Neo

asv1000000007:
Hi, Mike!

Your EA is pretty much impressive. I found it works better with RVI period 15 on M1 EURUSD chart.

This is backtest result from 27/08 till now:

But test from 01/01/2009 to date is going south unfortunately

Have you tried to test your EA on that period, because market conditions are pretty different now (ranging) and then (mostly trend)?

I know that market conditions change all the time, and this ea is based on the current market condition. I am also aware that it doesn't perform well in previous years or even at the beginning of this year, but this ea is very easy to adjust. 2 other commercial ea's just blew my account so I am probably going to quit forex and will post the source for who ever wants to change it.

I have been using Rogue on the live with good accuracy and even started using it on usd/jpy and gbp/usd --- M1

Here is a statement from 1 of the accounts

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

Broker - FXPro

5 digit

the $32 loss was a manual trade

One thing I would like to add to this ea is an adjusting/trailing profit. When SL trails I would want the TP to trail up as well. Who ever wants to work on it be my guest.

- Mike

Reason: