Discussing the article: "Implementation of the Augmented Dickey Fuller test in MQL5"

Check out the new article: Implementation of the Augmented Dickey Fuller test in MQL5.

In this article we demonstrate the implementation of the Augmented Dickey-Fuller test, and apply it to conduct cointegration tests using the Engle-Granger method.

Simply put an ADF test is a hypothesis test, that allows us to determine if a specific characteristic of the observed data is statistically significant. In this instance the characteristic being acertained is the stationarity of a series.  A statistical hypothesis is an assumption made about a data set that is represented by a sample. We can only know the real truth by working with the entire data set. Which is usually not possible for one reason or another. So a sample of a data set is tested to posit an assumption of the entire data set. The important point to remember here is that the truth of a statistical hypothesis is never known with certainty when working with samples. What we get is whether an assumption is likely true or false.

A non stationary series with a trend

In an ADF test we consider two scenarios:

• The Null hypothesis that a unit root is present in the time series.
  • The Alternative hypothesis that the times series does not exhibit a unit root.

Author: Francis Dube

MetaQuotes:

Check out the new article: Implementation of the Augmented Dickey Fuller test in MQL5.

Author: Francis Dube

Hey, thanks a lot for this article. I used the code of this article but I would like to know if you ever updated this code for speed. i did a test but when the size gets above thousand it really takes time. I don’t know if it’s something that can be optimized.
Reason: