Need Help with Right-Aligning Text in MQL5

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to develop a panel that requires aligning text with the right edge of a graphical background layer. I have been using the  TextGetSize()  function to calculate the width of the text and attempting to position the text by subtracting this width from the right edge X-coordinate of the background. However, the results are not accurate, and the text does not align with the right edge as expected.

Here is the code snippet I used: 

obj.TextCreate(0, "n 1", 0, CalculateLeftAlignmentX(GetRightEdge(0, "n bitlabel"), "ON", 10), y + y_distance * 1, 10, "Arial", "ON", clrYellow);

obj.TextCreate(0, "n 2", 0, CalculateLeftAlignmentX(GetRightEdge(0, "n bitlabel"), "999", 10), y + y_distance * 2, 10, "Arial", "999", clrYellow);

obj.TextCreate(0, "n 3", 0, CalculateLeftAlignmentX(GetRightEdge(0, "n bitlabel"), "IC MARKETS", 10), y + y_distance * 3, 10, "Arial", "IC MARKETS", clrYellow);

int GetRightEdge(const int chart_ID, const string ref_name)

{

int ref_x = (int)ObjectGetInteger(chart_ID, ref_name, OBJPROP_XDISTANCE) + (int)ObjectGetInteger(chart_ID, ref_name, OBJPROP_XSIZE);

return ref_x;

}

int CalculateLeftAlignmentX(const int rightEdgeX, const string text, const int distance)

{

uint text_width, text_height;

TextGetSize(text, text_width, text_height);  

int new_x = rightEdgeX - text_width - distance;

printf("%f",text_width);

return new_x;

}

Does anyone know a more accurate method to measure text width, or are there other techniques that can help achieve this alignment? Thank you for your help!

Hi

You can set right alignment as the property of the objects and then I think the best option is to make your own “space distance” variable

Best Regards

Marzena Maria Szmit #:

Hi

You can set right alignment as the property of the objects and then I think the best option is to make your own “space distance” variable

Best Regards

Hello, the text OBJECT does not have right-justified properties, otherwise I would not have posted.

Reason: