Are all mt4 platforms permanently branded to the broker downloaded from?

Is it possible to enter another broker's log-in and server to any mt4 platform on my machines?

stonesmooth: Is it possible to enter another broker's log-in and server to any mt4 platform on my machines?

Yes, you can log onto any trading server or broker with MetaTrader desktop terminal or mobile application.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, you can log onto any trading server or broker with MetaTrader desktop terminal or mobile application.

Whew!....I thought I had to transfer all my data and indi/experts to a new platform with the new broker(s).

I really appreciate it again Fernando....Thanks again!

stonesmooth #: Whew!....I thought I had to transfer all my data and indi/experts to a new platform with the new broker(s). I really appreciate it again Fernando....Thanks again!
You are welcome!

Fernando Carreiro #:
You are welcome!

Fernando, I tried to do this on a broker's mt4 platform by entering a different broker's server name and it didn't work. Any ideas?

stonesmooth #: Fernando, I tried to do this on a broker's mt4 platform by entering a different broker's server name and it didn't work. Any ideas?

It does work. You are probably not using the correct information. Make sure your trader server name is correct. I do it all the time on MT4 (current build 1353).

However, one possible cause, may be that it has not updated its internal list of server names. So do the following to update it:

1. Menu: File → Open an Account
  2. Click the Scan button and then see if the list contains the broker's trade servers you need.
  3. If not, then at the end of the list, click the "+add new broker ..." option and add the broker's name (or the exact trader server name) and then enter.
  4. Wait for the search to complete ad then scan again.
  5. Go over the list and make sure the trade server you want is on the list
  6. If it is, then you can close the window and log onto your trade account.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It does work. You are probably not using the correct information. Make sure your trader server name is correct. I do it all the time on MT4 (current build 1353).

However, one possible cause, may be that it has not updated its internal list of server names. So do the following to update it:

1. Menu: File → Open an Account
  2. Click the Scan button and then see if the list contains the broker's trade servers you need.
  3. If not, then at the end of the list, click the "+add new broker ..." option and add the broker's name (or the exact trader server name) and then enter.
  4. Wait for the search to complete ad then scan again.
  5. Go over the list and make sure the trade server you want is on the list
  6. If it is, then you can close the window and log onto your trade account.

Thank you much Fernando, it really worked. It's great to have people like you around! Really appreciate all that you do here! Cheers

stonesmooth #: Thank you much Fernando, it really worked. It's great to have people like you around! Really appreciate all that you do here! Cheers
You are welcome!
Reason: