MT5 is for programmers, not traders

Reading the forum I come to the conclusion that most of the people here are hardcore programmers. Also it seems to me that MT5 with its programming language was created more for programmers than for traders. And the programmer must use MQL5 to create possibilities for earning, but what should trader apply to freelance trading every time he or she want to check a new nuance of the strategy on the historical data? Besides, I can't find MQL5 courses where I can learn the language. And it is very difficult for a human being to study self-training in this field.

That's because you humanitarians are not able to push a button in the settings, and can only complain about programmers, without whom you often can't even install Windows.

You have a very peculiar way of joining the community.

Maybe unfortunately, but trading has long been algotrading.

Without automation of trading strategies and their testing it is almost impossible to do meaningful trading.

Have a look at the sections:

1. Documentation - complete documentation on the language and algotrading
  2. Articles - hundreds of articles with practical lessons.
  3. Codebase - thousands of programs in source code
  4. Freelance - freelance software ordering service.

Vitaly Stepanov:
And it is very difficult for a humanist to educate himself in this field.

Learn BASIC and find out :)

Vitaly Stepanov:
The main reason for the use of mql5 is that the mql5 is a very good trading platform. And it also seems to me that MT5 with its programming language was designed more for programmers than for traders. And the programmer must use MQL5 to create possibilities for earning, but what should trader apply to freelance trading every time he or she want to check a new nuance of the strategy on the historical data? Besides, I can't find MQL5 courses where I can learn the language. And it is very difficult for a human being to study self-training in this field.

Yes, it is. Use mql4. No one is forcing you to use mql5.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Maybe unfortunately, but trading has long been algotrading.

Without automation of trading strategies and their testing, it is almost impossible to engage in meaningful trading.

Have a look at the sections:

1. Documentation - complete documentation on the language and algotraining.
  2. Articles - hundreds of articles with practical lessons
  3. Codebase - thousands of programs in source code
  4. Freelance - freelance service for ordering programs

I absolutely agree! But it's very hard to learn the language on your own, especially without a basic knowledge of programming, you can say to dive into this field from scratch.

In my opinion the best way is to transfer the information directly. If MQL created a complete basic video course on the language aimed at people who have not studied programming, it would be great.

P.S I have never made any complaints to programmers, because I've never gone to them.

Максим Дмитриев:

Yes, it is. Use mql4. No one is forcing you to use mql5.

Unfortunately MT4 does not work on the exchange.

Vitaly Stepanov:

Unfortunately, MT4 does not work on the exchange.

a. Well, if for the exchange, then you have to learn mql5)

Here, take a look at the major differences.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/81

Vitaly Stepanov:
Also, I can't find any MQL5 courses where you can learn the language.

He who seeks will always find it!

Personally, I was bothered by the fact that there are too many lines of code in the example documentation. You only need five or seven lines instead of an advanced example describing a lot of unnecessary stuff.

Writers have a tendency to reduce the text on each page by several lines. This results in what is called "beefier text", making it clearer and more concise.

forexman77:

Personally, I was bothered by the fact that there are too many lines of code in the example documentation. Although you only need five or seven lines instead of an advanced example describing a lot of unnecessary stuff.

yes, indeed. to show an example of one function they give you a whole lot of code))))

Reason: