Moving Pine Script Algo over to Metatrader. MQL5 is latest but seems MQL4 is the preferred/recommended path for automation?

Is there any reason not to dive into MT5 vs MT4? Keep hearing people working with MQL4 language for automated trading but version 5 appears latest and greatest? Any insights is appreciated. Im in the USA and my broker is Alpaca if that matters or not. Thx :)

Joshua McGowan:
Is there any reason not to dive into MT5 vs MT4? Keep hearing people working with MQL4 language for automated trading but version 5 appears latest and greatest? Any insights is appreciated. Im in the USA and my broker is Alpaca if that matters or not. Thx :)
Mt5 64 bit supported and will get new features.  Mt4 32 bit no new features ever.  Do the math 

Paul Anscombe:
Mt5 64 bit supported and will get new features.  Mt4 32 bit no new features ever.  Do the math 

Roger that. 

It's really a matter of personal choice.

Many traders who want to try their hands at coding have no experience of any kind of coding whatsoever. I think that many of these prefer the simplification of MQL4.

mt4 easier to script tho

btw, how is pine script algo doing? interesting

Keith Watford #:

It's really a matter of personal choice.

Many traders who want to try their hands at coding have no experience of any kind of coding whatsoever. I think that many of these prefer the simplification of MQL4.

makes sense. thx for the reply. 

Pak Hong Poon #:

mt4 easier to script tho

btw, how is pine script algo doing? interesting

pine serves its purposes for sure and they've been improving it this last year or two. that said its designed as a "lightweight" language and the last few issues I had were related to its design and is why im here now :)
Reason: