mt4 metaquotes default terminal

So I go to the metaquotes website, and click the button to download mt4 and it download mt5?

Joke?

Where I can download mt4 terminal from metaquotes?

Luis Alejandro Diaz Vidal:

So I go to the metaquotes website, and click the button to download mt4 and it download mt5?

Joke?

Where I can download mt4 terminal from metaquotes?

It would seem you can't download it anymore from MetaQuotes. You need to use another source e.g. a broker

Luis Alejandro Diaz Vidal: So I go to the metaquotes website, and click the button to download mt4 and it download mt5? Joke? Where I can download mt4 terminal from metaquotes?

Have you bothered to search the forum? You would have found many a comment on that issue!

Download it from your broker and not on MetaQuotes as MetaTrader 4 will officially be no longer actively developed!

Fernando Carreiro:

Have you bothered to search the forum? You would have found many a comment on that issue!

Download it from your broker and not on MetaQuotes as MetaTrader 4 will officially be longer actively developed!

Why put a product in the throat of the users and clients? MT4 is still the platform prefered by the users? Why creating so bad image? Missleading the client to download mt4 when they think they are downloading mt4? That is the cheapest tactic ever!

MT5 is not and will never be welcomed by the audience neither broker or users, the moment they realize it the better. If not another company will come and will create a better product.

Greed is bad!

Currently MT4 is a software without official support, such as Windows XP. In my opinion, 12 years of official support for a software is more than enough, and much more than other products offer. Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:

Currently MT4 is a software without official support, such as Windows XP. In my opinion, 12 years of official support for a software is more than enough, and much more than other products offer. Regards.

I dont ever based my opinios on what other ppl do, I just say if mt5 hasnt worked or convince make a better product. Ask the traders what they want in a mt6. ask the strategy developers why they want. and make a good product mt5 is dead and will never be half succesfull as mt4

Luis Alejandro Diaz Vidal:

We will see. Obviously MetaQuotes will not launch MT6 until most people are using MT5 and they have monetized the huge investment in MT5. MetaQuotes is not a giant like Microsoft and therefore they can not afford a failed product (like Windows Vista). For now, I think you should forget about a hypothetical MT6, and adapt to the new situation. In summary:

1- First step: MT4 is no longer officially supported (no more capabilities, no additional features, no more bug fixes, etc, etc).

2- Second step: finally the MT4 servers will be disconnected (not tomorrow, but is unavoidable in the medium term). When this happens, it will be better if you are adapted to MT5. Otherwise, you will have to stay out of the market. You can choose.

Regards.

lol

We will see. Obviously MetaQuotes will not launch MT6 until most people are using MT5 and they have monetized the huge investment in MT5. MetaQuotes is not a giant like Microsoft and therefore they can not afford a failed product (like Windows Vista). For now, I think you should forget about a hypothetical MT6, and adapt to the new situation. In summary:

1- First step: MT4 is no longer officially supported (no more capabilities, no additional features, no more bug fixes, etc, etc).

2- Second step: finally the MT4 servers will be disconnected (not tomorrow, but is unavoidable in the medium term). When this happens, it will be better if you are adapted to MT5. Otherwise, you will have to stay out of the market. You can choose.

Regards.

Could you supply some official links to support your statements in points 1 and 2?

Regards.

Why I have to be out of the market? This monopolistic view will destroy metaquotes. Anyway I dont need to stay out of the market, simply moving to other of the multiple options that I have today already.

MetaQuotes is not a giant like Microsoft and therefore they can not afford a failed product

2- Second step: finally the MT4 servers will be disconnected (not tomorrow, but is unavoidable in the medium term). When this happens, it will be better if you are adapted to MT5. Otherwise, you will have to stay out of the market.

1. They may not be able to afford a failed product, but if they have one, they have one. They can't force the market unlike $MS
  2. No more bug fixes, except for today
  3. If the traders will not accept MT5, then brokers will not disconnect MT4, and Metaquotes will not force it because that means no revenue for either.
  4. When MT4 was introduced, traders embraced it and after several years MT3 went away quietly. MT5 has been around for two years, and not embraced. MT4 should already be dead, instead it's screaming loudly. Traders will determine the final outcome, not Metaquotes no matter how hard they push.

Reason: