Sep 18, 2020
Interactive Charts should improve your trading strategy. It is to your advantage to have built-in functions on a chart that will allow you to make quick decisions in a fast moving market. Trade and bar information is displayed on the chart. You can open one trade per chart. It is important to use TP/SL because this EA does not have automatic recovery capability. Magic numbers are not used. This EA has a good design and has structured code. Test EA. Use at your own risk.
- Within MT4, click: File/Data Folder/MQL4/Experts.
- Right click and paste Interactive Charts.ex4.
- Restart MT4.
- Click View/Navigator.
- Drag and drop Interactive Charts onto a chart.
- Click the Interactive Charts icon on the chart.
- Put a check mark for: Enable alerts, Allow live trading, Allow import of external experts.
- Put a blank for: Allow DLL imports.
- Alert error messages consist of the symbol, order type, ticket number, error message, and may include the trade server return code and associated error explanation.
- Informational messages are displayed on the message line for at least five seconds.
- Changing the time frame of a chart re-initializes the EA.
- Inc/Dec: The increase/decrease in price is displayed, not for each tick, but for the accumulated ticks.
- On/Plus/Minus: On is red and off is gray. Plus/Minus is used to change field values.
- Tick/Timer: Tick must be selected to use the Strategy Tester. Tick executes the Start function for a new tick. Timer executes the OnTimer function every second. Tick/Timer are not executed if the function is already running. You can safely switch between Tick and Timer mode, this EA prevents the Start and OnTimer functions from running at the same time.
- Lots: Lots sets the number of lots for the next trade.
- Period: Period displays the number of pips for the specified period, start and count.
- Start: Start sets the bar, relative to the current bar, that the data should be taken from.
- Count: Count sets the number of bars, in direction from the start bar to the back one, on which the search is carried out.
- TP/SL/Gain/Loss: Trades are closed at the set price. Gain/Loss is similar to TP/SL except you can place the target price closer to the market price. TP/SL has a minimum of five pips and increments of one pip. Gain/Loss has a minimum of 0.50 pips and increments of 0.50 pips.
- Limit: Limit is used with Buy/Sell/Close/Gain/Loss. It is used to open/close trades when the average spread of the last five ticks is below the limit value.
- Abort: Buy/Sell is turned off if the average spread of the last five ticks is above the abort value. When Adjust is turned on, Abort is activated when the market price hits the adjust price.
- Adjust: Adjust is used with Buy/Sell. It is used to open trades above or below the current market price.
- Buy/Sell: Buy orders are opened at the ask and sell orders are opened at the bid. The slippage is set to three pips. Buy/Sell is turned off if there is an error when attempting to open a trade.
- Close: Buy orders are closed at the bid and sell orders are closed at the ask. The slippage is set to three pips. Close is turned off if five consecutive errors are generated when attempting to close a trade. This will prevent recurring close order errors.
- Pips: Pips displays changes in pip value and tick count. It is based on either the existing trade or it starts when Pips is clicked. The final pip value of a trade will be displayed.
- Quick: Quick is used with Buy/Sell/Close/Gain/Loss. A trade is opened/closed immediately when turned on. A trade is opened/closed based on the tick price when turned off. For example, a buy will be opened when the tick price increases but it will wait for the next tick price if it decreases. Limit must be turned off also to prevent any delays in order execution.
- Clear: Clear deletes arrows, horizontal lines, texts and trends. Clear has three display modes.