GerFX EA Protection Filter
The EA Protection Filter provides a news filter as well as a stock market crash filter, which can be used in combination with other EAs. Therefore, it serves as an additional protective layer for other EAs that do provide such filters.
During backtest analysis of my own night scalpers, which already use a stock market crash filter, I noticed that the historic drawdown, especially during stock market crash phases like 2007-2008, was reduced significantly by using such a filter.
This type filter usually only makes sense in combination with scalpers that want to avoid fast markets, so don't use it on impulse/price action strategies!
Also, there is no guarantee that using this filter will be more profitable compared to the normal trading.
A more detailed description of all parameters can be found in this blog post.
How it works:
In MT4 an EA is not allowed to modify other EAs for safety reasons. However, it is possible to close and re-open charts, which can be used to turn on/off other EAs.
The EA will also be able to close existing open positions or pending orders based on the given magic numbers or comments you provide as input.
- includeTimeFrames - a comma separated list of time frames that should be monitored. For example, if you have non-scalpers on H1 that should not be closed, delete H1 from this list.
- excludeSymbols -a comma separated list of symbols that should be excluded (if you have other EAs that should not use this filter)
- magicNumbersToCloseOpenPositions - a comma separated list of magic numbers, for which positions should be closed
- commentsToClosePositionsExact - a comma separated list of comments, for which positions should be closed (exact match)
- commentsToClosePositionsIncluding - same as the last parameter, but here the comment only has to be included, not an exact match
- sleepSecondsBetweenChartOpen - to avoid terminal overload
- filePrefix - name for the saved template files
- debugMode - more information in Expert log
- signalSymbol - symbol for the SP500 on your broker
- maxPercentageChange - the maximum allowed percentage change for the stock filter to trigger
- lookbackHours - period of the stock market movement
- minimumKeepClosedMinutesStockFilter - minimum time to keep the chart closed after stock market filter triggered
- filterCentralBankEvents - to filter central bank events
- filterSpeechesAndTestimonies - to filter speeches
- filterHighImpact - to filter other high impact events
- closeMinutesBeforeEvents - minutes before events when charts and positions will be closed
- pauseMinutesAfter... - minutes after events for which the charts will be kept closed
- minimumKeepClosedMinutesNews - minimum time to keep the chart closed after news filter triggered
- useBreakingNewsFilterSignals - If you have the breaking news filter, its signals can be used. It works only within start/end hour of the normal news filter!
- startHourGMTwinter - start hour for the stock market filter. In summer all times will be automatically shifted 1 hour.
- endHourGMTwinter - end hour for the stock market filter
- startHourGMTwinterNews - start hour for the news filter
- endHourGMTwinterNews - end hour for the news filter
Also keep in mind that waitMinutesBetweenClosePositionAttempts will be checked, so that if there are umonitore open positions, they won't be allowed to be closed for the given period.
- Added checkDuringWeekends. If false, it would not run checks during the weekend (for example for chart opening after Friday close).
- Changed news filter solution to be consistent with my other products.