Welcome to Intuition! A high probability trading machine.
If you hate reading, I encourage you skip this part and go to the comments section and check out the "Intuition Showcase". Detailed analysis on all 28 main FOREX and crosses symbols is provided for you.
The showcase document contains several items on each page, each page dedicated to one symbol:
- the optimization dots graph showing where all test passes ended in profit levels
- the 2 dimensional graph showing the relative profit of regions of settings
- an example of trades Intuition placed on a daily chart spanning the testing period
- the balance/equity graph of the trading example
- the report of the trading example
- the 3 dimensional graph showing green islands above a sea of red- the green islands above the opaque plane represent all the passes where greater than 10% profit was achieved. The same visual aid I used for 4 major symbols in the screenshots
- 6 winning settings, one of which the trading examples are created from on every symbol
- Note: the .set files I used in all the example tests are also available to download in the comments section
If you like reading, please continue.
Written intentionally to be a much more professional trading system with better risk management than all my previous work posted on mql5.com, the "Intuition" trading strategy observes, analyzes and votes on trading decisions based on momentum information provided by the stochastic oscillator in 5 timeframes: M15, M30, H1, H4, and Daily. You can control how much weight (importance) is assigned to each time frame. In most cases the default settings prepared for the "point" system is perfectly fine. If you want to ignore a time frame just enter 0 in that input. Any integer can be assigned as a weight of the importance of a timeframe if you so choose. The EA considers trades upon the first tick of a new 1 minute bar, so testing with "every tick" or "1 minute OHLC" on any time frame or, the fastest test option "open prices only" on M1 will give the same results except for whatever the very last minute bar does just before the end of the test. One of the screenshots reveals the start, step, stop, values to use when optimizing.
The secret of the strategy is in how the how the stochastic information is processed, how the points are assigned, how the decisions are made for holding or changing a position, and is why so many settings test well on every symbol. The idea to use multiple time frames in momentum analysis was inspired by reading a high probability trading book, I took one very good suggestion from the book and made it a couple times better in my opinion.
This EA uses a fixed lot only. Unlike my previous systems that continually manage an open position with partial deal closing and theoretically unlimited lot increases, this system maintains only the fixed lot size at any time, after the first trade the entry to next trade is always the exit to the previous trade so that you should always see the fixed lot size position in either buy or sell. I say “The perfect exit for a trade is the same price as a perfect entry for the reverse trade”. That's the goal I try to achieve with this system. It greatly reduces the risk and drawdown compared against all my previous EAs so that in all of the 42840 tests there were no account wipeouts on any symbol or setting and you can confirm this by looking at the full optimization records available in the comments section
I recommend using Intuition like this:
- Pick 10 to 20 symbols and choose settings that test with less than 10% drawdown and yield 10% to 20% profit.
- Use 0.01 for every 1000 USD or EUR in the account balance on each symbol. If you have 100,000 in your account, I think you can comfortably use lot sizes of 1 for up to 20 symbols.
- If real trading goes as well as testing you may be looking at 200% profit or more, however no guarantee of future profit can be made.
- Because the lotsize never increases in any position if you follow this advice drawdown should be low, or at least slow enough to give you plenty of time to analyze the situation, write me messages, and so on.
Finally, it should be stated that this is not a day-trading system. The rich who own the world didn't make their fortunes day trading, or guessing, for a living. If they traded, they held their positions for a long time. The daily and weekly charts hold reliable information in trend signals as well as price reversals. There are some settings that show higher frequency trading, closer to swing trading, but for the most part Intuition aims for small to medium losses and medium to large gains over a much longer period of time than is comfortable for day traders. You can see from the daily charts just how sharp the entries are and how long they are held for. Holding FOREX positions for years however is not practical, but a couple weeks to over a months is completely fine even with swap costs on most symbols.
Ok that's all for now! Use Intuition on as many symbols as you want! You can test it on other exotics or special symbols you may have available to you and post any winning results and settings from those symbols in the comments section. You can use my showcase file as a guideline for preparing your own analysis of all EAs you may be interested in. I would definitely want to see this much information before purchasing an EA from a stranger!