This is an expert that uses Stochastic and Bollinger Bands as the main recipe of an operation.
The main objective of this algorithm is to recognize good overprice positions.
Bollinger Bands: occurs when price reaches/passes a certain distance between the mid-band and the external band.
Stochastic: occurs when the main line of the indicator crosses the over-priced limit. The lower limit mirrors the upper limit input.
Confirmation Signal: can be either Bollinger or Stochastic signal, used on a higher timeframe.
Trade occurs when the number of positive signals are equal to the necessary number of signals to open a position.
Please make sure to strategy test the bot before using it on real money, you need to learn how to use it to understand.
This is how to configure Stobbot Inputs
- EA Number = self-explanatory;
- GUI Position = self-explanatory;
- Draw Indicators = self-explanatory (live mode only);
- TimeFrame Confirmation = must be a multiple (integer and positive) of the current timeframe.
- TimeFrame Signal Confirmation = self-explanatory;
- Number of Signals to Confirm = self-explanatory;
- StopLoss = amount of times that the point value will be added/subtracted from the price to create a stop loss range, 0 = off;
- TakeProfit = amount of times that the point value will be added/subtracted from the price to create a take profit range;
- TrailingStop = amount of points to work with the moving stop on the position;
- Trailing Type = type of trailing stop to use
- Parabolic Settings = self-explanatory if using P. SAR
- Bollinger Multiplier = accelerates the bollinger trailing system.
- Trade reversal system = if "true" will use opposite trading signals to reverse the current position;
- Use one opened position at time = self-explanatory.
- End Day Position Closing Filter = self-explanatory, works with "End Time" input.
- Lots to trade = amount of lots to be traded.
- Price Deviation = the biggest deviation from the current price that will be accepted before opening an order;
- Bollinger Bands Average = self-explanatory;
- Bollinger Bands S.D. = self-explanatory;
- Bollinger Bands Trigger Distance (in) = distance between external band and middle band to send an (in) signal as soon as the price reaches/crosses this distance. Used in percentage of price (0-1 = 0% - 100%).
- Bollinger Bands Trigger Distance (out) = distance between external band and middle band to send an (out) signal as soon as the price reaches/crosses this distance. Used in percentage of price (0-1 = 0% - 100%). If value = 999, will use the same distance from the (in) signal.
If BB_SDOD_out = 999, it will use the same value from BB_SDOD_in.
- %K Stochastic Oscilator = self-explanatory (for more information, see some info about stochastic indicator);
- %D Stochastic Oscilator = self-explanatory (for more information, see some info about stochastic indicator);
- %S Stochastic Oscilator = smoothness of the stochastic oscillator (for more information, see some info about stochastic indicator);
- Limiter Value of an over-priced condition = stochastic upper limit for overbought prices. The lower limit will be (100-thisValue);
- Stochastic Smoothness type = self-explanatory (for more information, see some info about stochastic indicator);
- Stochastic calculating method = self-explanatory (for more information, see some info about stochastic indicator);
- Type of Out Signal from Stochastic = choses what type of closing signal you want from stochastic (crossing lines, crossing limits or none)
- Confirmation Stochastic Conf = used when the confirmation signal is "Stochastic". These are its settings.
- Developer Mode = should be left as "false". Check updates tab for more information.
- -Bollinger Bands S.D.O.D. = this value sets the major behavior of Bollinger Bands on the strategy. Higher inputs means less dependency of the Bollinger Bands for the strategy.
- -Runs only on a new candle (except SL/TP/TS). Open Prices Only can be used on optimization.
Stobbot is on its third version and has received its last major update since it became available for the first time on the market.
Please check out the updates tab!
If you find any error, please report it. I will try my best to fix it as soon as possible.
---> "Draw Indicators" input option as requested by client.
---> Closing position functions to avoid conflicts with other experts opened positions.
-Minor fix on the amount of data needed by the expert
-Fixed a bug on the GUI while using the expert on smaller resolutions
Trailing Stop should be working fine right now.
--:Added a new input "Developer Mode" which will open and close a position as soon as the expert is initialized on a Strategy Testing mode. With it, you will be able to check if Stobbot position system is working, just remember to turn it off on real time usage. Stobbot checks for real time usage and do not opens the test position, but just in case, use this input as "false" when running on a real account.
--:Added a Confirmation System to Stobbot, now you can set a confirmation Timeframe to use along with the current timeframe signals. You can choose which signal to use on the confirmation Timeframe. (If using Stochastic Confirmation, you need to set up new stochastic settings to use with it). Special thanks for the community using Stobbot for the idea of this system, I've found it to be really useful!
--:Added the possibility to choose how many signals Stobbot will need before opening a position. If using confirmation signal on a higher timeframe, the maximum number of signals to use is 3. Else, the max number of signals is 2.
--:Now there is a difference between the GUI with an opened position and without. Signals status are shown on the GUI while Stobbot is waiting to open a position. When it opens a position, the normal layout is used. This turned Stobbot a little bit more user friendly, hope you enjoy!
This update is somewhat more complex and even though I checked out every possibility available, you guys can always tell me if there is something wrong with it. I'll always strive to fix the problem asap!
Last but not least, this update has a lot of stuff that you guys who bought Stobbot asked me, and even more will be available on the next update.
The v3.x will be the last major update on Stobbot, but it may take a while, so stay tuned!
Thank you all and best of luck!
-Added side option to the GUI environment
-If True, expert will not open multiple positions.
-If False, expert will open multiple positions.
2- Fixed some bugs within logical system, Stobbot seems to be a lot more efficient in comparison with older versions, check it out on the strategy tester!
OBS: The second item seems to be a minor update, but it is, actually, a big update on Stobbot. I've been analyzing its behavior on the last few weeks and I think I could optimize it to be a lot more responsive on the strategy it was designed to follow, which is to use bollinger bands as main guide line and stochastic as a guide signal. Have fun and good luck!
The new formula is (StopLoss for example): StopLoss*symbolPoint/tickSize;
The old formula was: StopLoss*symbolPoint;
- Normalized BB_SDOD:
The BB_SDOD input now has a range of -1 to 1, which means the percentage amount of the distance from the price to the external band. BB_SDOD of 0.1 means a distance of 10% from the price to the external band (from within the bands), a BB_SDOD of -0.1 means a distance of 10% from the price to the external band (from outside the bands).
- Removed Dynamic Lot
The Dynamic Lot function was removed for better study case for forex/stocks/futures markets
-Fixed a bug where Stobbot would not limit the number of opened positions
This version of Stobbot comes with a full rework of it. It introduces a graphical unit for Stobbot and a lot of new functions and algorithms for expert trading. Let's take a look on each new function:
1 - Trailing System: as requested, I've introduced a trailing system based on the movement of the symbol. Easy to use, can be optimized and implemented on your strategy with Stobbot with no problem and conflict at all.
2 - GUI: I've decided that you should be able to see how Stobbot is dealing with its positions. Now you can find all the needed information about it right on the corner of your symbol screen. (On a future update you will be able to set the GUI corner)
3 - Trade Reversal: this system allows Stobbot to revert the opened position if an opposite signal is recognized. This give the user the capability of better using lateral movements on the market, useful for some strategies.
4 - Values configuration: on the previous version of Stobbot, the user needed to know the point size or the allowed values for Stop Loss and Take Profit points, lots and other symbol properties. I've made a full rework on Stobbot input system, which now do all the hard job by itself.
5 - Inputs configuration: Stobbot now has divisions based on the section type of the input. The user may find this system a little bit more user-friendly.
6 - BB SDOD in/out: user can now set a different value of the BB_SDOD input for In/Out trade signal. The definition and usability of BB SDOD is described on the description page. This allows more flexibility on BB based strategies of Stobbot.
Hope you like the new update and feel free to ask for new functions or a downgrade on some functions on the Comment section! This big update is based on the opinion and sugestion of users who bought Stobbot on it early days and I'm very thankful for your participation!
If "Dynamic Use" is set to False, Stobbot will use fixed lot amounts as set in the inputs, otherwise, it will use the value of the percentage input on operational settings.
Plus, created divisions between different settings of Stobbot (operational, strategy, etc.).