Gbpjpy Breakout long term
GBPJPY Breakout long term is a long term breakout (trend following) strategy.
It trades anytime, overall about 60 times a year. There are many months which will result in smaller losses, but overall the Strategy should be, with high probability, profitable over the long run.
Due to this, there will be no monthly rental possibility. The serious trader should use it for at least one year.
You can backtest the strategy yourself. It is not a scalping strategy and for this reason the broker you use and the related spreads are not important. This strategy works with any broker and you do not need a vps server, because low latency is not important either for this kind of strategy.
Why will the strategy be most likely profitable in future ?
- no martingale, grid or hedge.
- strategy is always using a fix stop loss and this one will trail to lock profits.
- good Risk/Return
- 400 Monte Carlo Simulations passed.
- 20 further tests for robustness passed.
In order to back-test the strategy on historical data of gbpjpy you need to backtest it correctly with tickdata and 99% modelling quality. Please see my guide how to backtest, if you are new to this. I sadly can not answer your questions about backtesting anymore because I receive too many messages concernign this. Therefore I wrote a guide: https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/704853 .
The strategy is limited to maximum 0.5 lot per trade (which is still very suitable for big accounts (up to 50.000 -100.000 USD). You can perform a backtest, if you are unsure what the outcome will be like then. The backtest you see in the first screenshot was using 0.1 lot for each trade and was having a 10.000 USD balance).
For whom is this strategy for?
- for users that want to diversify risk and use this strategy in their long term portfolio.
- users who want to use this strategy long term
For whom is this strategy NOT for?
- users that best of all want to be in profit every month
- users who want to use this strategy as their single Expert Advisor on their trading account
Explanation of the input parameters:
- Lot fix: a fix lot size (for example always 0.01 lot for each trade) will be used
- UseMoneyManagement = false : if false, then fix lot size is used. If true, then a variable risk (Risk in Percent) will be used.
- RiskInPercent = 1.0 : means 1% Risk will be used for each trade.
- Tradexxxday : if true, GBPJPY Breakout long term will be able to open traden on this day. if false, no trades will be allowed in this day.
- CustomComment: the comment you will see in your history (in comments section)
- MagicNumber: in order to track your EA (if you use multiple EA) you can set a special MagicNumber. It has nothing to do with the strategy parameters/ settings, it is just for you, if you use other tracking services.