CCIplus is a modification of the commodity channel index with smoothing, pivot point indication and analysis mode selection.
The CCIplus has the following settings:
- Market entry and exit point indication
- Point determination selection mode
- Usability settings
It is optimal to use M5-M30.
Testing and refining signals from M1-M5.
A corresponding message is displayed when entering incorrect data. The settings are corrected automatically.
- CCIperiod - standard CCI calculation period setting.
- P_mode - selection of pivot point determination mode.
- NONE - normal CCI mode with no additional settings considered.
- SIMPLE - indication of points when the CCI exceeds the oversold/overbought levels.
- CROSS - indication of points when the CCI crosses the moving in the oversold/overbought zone.
- FAST_LVL - indication of points when the CCI exceeds the oversold/overbought zones, with the moving in the zone and directed towards the intersection.
- SLOW_LVL - indication of points when the moving crosses the oversold/overbought levels.
- PIVOT_CCI - indication of points during a CCI pivot, with the moving in the oversold/overbought zone.
- PIVOT_SMA - indication of points during a moving pivot in the oversold/overbought zone.
- SMAperiod - smoothing period of the normal CCI. At values less than 2 a message is displayed, and the value is set to 2.
- ShowAlert - enable/disable sound and visual notification when a point appears.
- HideCCI - enable/disable display of the normal CCI line. At the value true - in the NONE and SIMPLE modes the indicator line is invisible, a notification is displayed.
Integration in the code
Indices of lines and arrows:
0 - CCI (CCI)
1 - moving CCI (CCI+SMA)
2 - red down arrow (SELL), value = 117
3 - green up arrow (BUY), value = -117
It is not recommended to use a call with the line index 0 in the code. This is equivalent to the iCCI function call.
double x = iCustom(smb,tf,name,cp,pm,sp,sa,hc,li,i);
- string smb - symbol name (NULL - current symbol)
- int tf - timeframe (0 - current timeframe)
- str name - name of the indicator file ("CCI+" initial file name)
- int cp - CCI period (default = 14)
- int pm - analysis mode (default = 2. 0=NONE, 1=SIMPLE, 2=CROSS, 3=FAST_LVL, 4=SLOW_LWL, 5=PIVOT_CCI, 6=PIVOT_SMA)
- int sp - smoothing period (default = 6)
- bool sa - display notifications when a point appears (displayed by default, TRUE)
- bool hc - hide the normal CCI line (not hidden by default, FALSE )
- int li -indicator line index (0 - CCI, 1 - SMA, 2 - SELL, 3 - BUY)
- int s - offset by bars (0 = current bar, 1 = previous etc.)
An example of using:
double x = iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI+",14,2,6,true,false,2,0);
The variable x receives the value from the current symbol, current timeframe, from the CCI+ indicator, with the CCI calculation period 14, in the CROSS analysis mode, outputting point notifications, with a visible normal CCI line, from the index of a smoothed line, from the current bar.