NNFX Multipair Confirmation Auto Tester
- Yardımcı Programlar
- Manuel Alejandro Cercos Perez
- Sürüm: 1.7
- Güncellendi: 22 Ekim 2021
- Etkinleştirmeler: 15
What can I get from the DEMO version?
Since this Utility works only in the Tester, it can be used after downloading the Demo version, but there are some limitations:
|Demo version||Full version|
| Forex pairs || EURUSD, GBPCHF and USDCHF || All Forex Pairs |
| Indicators || Only Default parameters || Also Custom parameters |
Why should I use the NNFX Multipair Backtester?
Backtesting confirmation indicators can take a really long time, and that's only the first step when developing an algorithm!
With the NNFX Multipair Backtester you can get more and less biased information about an indicator, on more pairs and in much less time than with manual backtests! Then, after getting some good indicators you can focus on finding good volume indicators and baselines, combining them and make them work together. Still, I recommend you to manually check any good indicator that you may find using this tool before creating a system that you may use for your trading.
If you are afraid you won't know how to use this tool, you can download it for free with the Demo version and test its performance in the 3 example pairs.
How do I use the NNFX Multipair Backtester?
This backtester works better with the Open Prices Only mode in the strategy tester. To set up correctly the backtests, there are some steps that you should take:
- Backtest Settings: Set the period to your preferences, modelling to "Open Prices Only" for better performance and Visual Mode (it also works in non-visual mode, however with visual mode you can check if the indicator is set up correctly).
- Input Parameters: Set up the indicator parameters, or change the stop loss/take profit ATRs (See next section for more info).
- Execute Backtest: Run the backtest and see if the trades appear where they should. If they don't, check the inputs and try other things.
- Backtest results: In the journal you will have a quick preview of the results of the backtest (Win rate, pips or profit...), to find it scroll up some lines after it has finished.
- Pairs to backtest: select between a pair preset (all 28 pairs, custom, the 5 NNFX's backtest pairs...). (This doesn't work in the demo version)
- Indicator Settings: your indicator's name (folder\name), parameters (not in demo), and reading settings to get the signals. Check out this blog post to read more about how each reading mode works and how to determine buffers (Section 3: Indicator Reading Settings, the blog post is for another product but the indicator reader is the same). Settings for Zero Line Cross / Filter and Settings for Color Buffer are also described there.
- Other Settings: Scale Out or not (take half trade out and use trailing stop), Profit Mode (Win rate, account profit or net pips), Write Summary (the summary files will have different result depending on the Profit Mode) and Invert Operative (flips the indicator's signals). Take into consideration that the account profit is an estimate and it doesn't account for spread, slippage, swap commisions, insufficient funds, etc.
- Advanced Settings: Modify the ATR multiplier for the stop loss (1.5), take profit (1.0) and start moving trailing stop (2.0); minimal percentage of the trade to count them as wins or losses if the indicator flips (stop-outs), and risk per trade (2% default).
There are some specific indicators that can have issues in the strategy tester, and get different values that those in the charts. They can be repainters, but sometimes these problems are caused by bad programming practices (like using a moving average of 1).
Gaps in symbols data may alter the results of the backtest, especially if the cross-pair where the backtest is performed is one of the symbols missing some candles.