Adaptive Support and Resistance
Become a better trader by knowing areas where price tends to react at to set up safe entries and exits.
ATTENTION: Panel will not work in the strategy tester. For a fully functional demo that you can apply to a live chart or a version you can test in the strategy tester, please visit this link to access demo page. If panel is not displaying correctly, visit here on how to fix scaling issues with MetaTrader.
ASR’s unique multifactor calculation will provide you with the most essential levels where price tends to bounce off significantly. The Indicator examines the historical price action for the applied timeframe and filters the swing highs/lows to locate the key areas where these reversals tend to happen.
ASR is must have tool with its incredible accuracy and user-friendly design
Note: From now on, a selection of settings (directives) for the production of Support and Resistance levels provided to the indicator will be referred to as an “Indicator Instance”.
The indicator essentially becomes a manager of these instances as it allows users to simultaneously maintain several “instances” even from different timeframes.
ASR will produce 4 classes of levels (or zones):
These classes represent the importance/weight of each level according to the number of times price has reacted at these points.
With its intuitive interface ASR allows quick access to:
Decide where to receive alerts between:
- Popup alerts
- Mobile phone notifications - if you have linked your mobile mt4 with your account
- Email alerts
Decide which levels of importance can access the alerts system:
- Off (no level)
- All (all levels)
- Weak+ (weak and above)
- Strong+ (strong and above)
- Stronger Only
Indicator Instances Settings (per instance):
- Show or hide any calculated indicator instance as you need
- Toggle between showing boxes or not and
- Toggle between showing lines across the screen or not
- Adjust deeper level settings
- And easily remove any instance when it is no longer needed
ASR also has a built-in template system which allows users to easily switch between different combinations of instances setups. You don’t need to setup your ASR instances all over again when applied to new chart. Just click Load, choose one of your templates, and it will load just like that. You can also import templates from different assets.
As you collect templates you will need a way to tell them apart besides their name, so we have fitted a mini grading and bookmarking system into your templates collection list to assist. You are also able to rank templates by moving them up or down on the list, rename, or delete them as needed.
What if you want to evaluate ASR within the context of another strategy? How can you do that if it only shows the most recent levels? That’s why we built Past Mode.
And we made it 2 clicks easy.
Click on the “Past” button.
Then place the moving vertical line on the time you want to inspect.
You are now seeing what the ASR would be showing you if it were applied at that time, and you can evaluate your strategy.
Essential Instance/Indicator Parameters:
- TimeFrame: The timeframe that the indicator will look at for the instance calculation
- Sensitivity: Choose Low, Medium, or High. Indicates what kind of swing points the indicator will look at for identifying SR Zones
- LookBackBars: How many bars to look back for selected timeframe to detect swing points for calculation.
- DisplayBars: The number of bars back to display zones. This will show what the zones looked like “X” DisplayBars back
- Alerts: Choose what zone strengths you want alerts on and what kind of alerts
- Price Boxes: Draw Price boxes around an SR zone. You can set how the width of the box and this Box will be used for Alerts when price enters the region you have drawn
- SR Across: Choose to draw instance zones across the chart or only on current period
- Zones’ Appearance Customization: Edit colors, line widths, and line styles for each individual zone’s strength. Can also edit labels and price tags
For a detailed user manual explaining settings, tips, and recommendations please visit this page.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me I would be more than happy to help.
Best Regards, Alexander