Free Steeper Ascent EA
Steeper Ascent Expert Advisor uses a unique stratergy to identify trends using a gradient based approach on a moving average to ensure a better signal, to improve this signal further the Bollinger Bands are taken into account so a valid trade is acted upon only when the gradient acts against the Bollinger Bands. We reccommend using fixed lot size and a steeper gradient for a more stable Expert Advisor and more predictable results. This EA may not trade every day dependant on the gradient settings and market conditions. We reccommend a 1 Minute timeframe for this EA.
The Lot Size is limited to 0.01 and options are limited in the free version. Graph below shows full version use of percentage rise.
Please find the full version at: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/56173
When changing the settings please backtest with 99.9% quality as this reflects the performance as close as possible to real world performance, the article below shows a good guide on how to do this: https://forums.babypips.com/t/how-i-get-99-9-modelling-quality-on-mt4/64592
StrategyQuant's Tick Data Downloader has been used to gain the data presented in the screenshots with a high risk stratergy implemented, detailed in the set files in the comments.
The settings are detailed as follows:
- StopLossPips: The stop loss in pips to be applied to the trade. -1 is not set.
- TakeProfitPips: The take profit in pips to be applied to the trade.
- EnableBollingerFilter: Enable the additional Bollinger Band filter, this is highly reccommended to be true.
- TestOrderOnBoot: DIsable this to remove the test order when initialising.
- True - The algorithm will check multiple gradients and act on the average.
- False - The algorithm will only check the most recent gradient and act on that.
- TimeBase: The timebase to use for the thresholding tasks.
- ThresholdEntryAngleGreaterThanBuy: The angle where if the gradient goes above the buy operation will be triggered and a trade placed, this is from 0 to 90 degrees.
- ThresholdEntryAngleLessThanSell: The angle where if the gradient goes below the sell operation will be triggered and a trade placed, this is from 0 to -90 degrees.
- SignalDelayBars: The delay in bars between the signal and the trade action, 0 is reccommended.
- TradeComment: The comment added to the trade information to help identify trades if the EA is used alongside other EA's and Manual Trades.
- TradeMagicNumber: The magic number added to the trade information, ideal if multiple instances of the EA are used alongside each other.