Steeper Ascent EA
Steeper Ascent Expert Advisor uses a unique stratergy to identify trends using a gradient based approach on a moving average to ensure a better signal, to improve this signal further the Bollinger Bands are taken into account so a valid trade is acted upon only when the gradient acts against the Bollinger Bands. We reccommend using fixed lot size and a steeper gradient for a more stable Expert Advisor and more predictable results. This EA may not trade every day dependant on the gradient settings and market conditions. We reccommend a 1 Minute timeframe for this EA.
When changing the settings please backtest with 99.9% quality as this reflects the performance as close as possible to real world performance, the article below shows a good guide on how to do this: https://forums.babypips.com/t/how-i-get-99-9-modelling-quality-on-mt4/64592
StrategyQuant's Tick Data Downloader has been used to gain the data presented in the screenshots with a high risk stratergy implemented, detailed in the set files in the comments.
The settings are detailed as follows:
- True - Use fixed lot size
- False - Use dynamic Percentage Risk rather than fixed.
- FixedLotValue: The lot size to use in the trades.
- PercentageRisk: The percentage risk calculated from the free margin.
- MaxLotSizePercentCalcEnable: When using percentage risk:
- True - Use MaxLotSizePercentCalc when the Percentage calculation goes beyond the value that you deem too risky.
- False - Do not cap the percentage lot size value.
- MaxLotSizePercentCalc: The maximum lot size when using percentage risk.
- MaxNumberTrades: The maximum number of trades to place.
- StopLossPips: The stop loss in pips to be applied to the trade. -1 is not set.
- TakeProfitPips: The take profit in pips to be applied to the trade.
- True - Enable the buy trade.
- False - Disable the buy trade.
- True - Enable the sell trade.
- False - Disable the sell trade.
- EnableBollingerFilter: Enable the additional Bollinger Band filter, this is highly reccommended to be true.
- TestOrderOnBoot: DIsable this to remove the test order when initialising.
- True - The algorithm will check multiple gradients and act on the average.
- False - The algorithm will only check the most recent gradient and act on that.
- TimeBase: The timebase to use for the thresholding tasks.
- ThresholdEntryAngleGreaterThanBuy: The angle where if the gradient goes above the buy operation will be triggered and a trade placed, this is from 0 to 90 degrees.
- ThresholdEntryAngleLessThanSell: The angle where if the gradient goes below the sell operation will be triggered and a trade placed, this is from 0 to -90 degrees.
- BollingerPeriodValue: The averaging period of the bollinger Bands to be used for the Bollinger Filtering.
- BollingerShiftValue: The time shift value of the Bollingeer Bands to be used for the Bollinger Filtering.
- BollingerBandsShiftValue: The shift value of the Bollingeer Bands to be used for the Bollinger Filtering.
- BollingerDeviationValue: The deviation value of the Bollingeer Bands to be used for the Bollinger Filtering.
- BollingerAppliedPrice: The applied price of the Bollingeer Bands to be used for the Bollinger Filtering.
- MovingAveragePeriod: The period value of the Moving Average to be used for the Gradient Filtering.
- MovingAverageShift: The shift value of the Moving Average to be used for the Gradient Filtering.
- MovingAverageMethod: The moving average method of the Moving Average to be used for the Gradient Filtering.
- MovingAverageAppliedPrice: The applied price value of the Moving Average to be used for the Gradient Filtering.
- MovingAverageTimeShift: The time shift value of the Moving Average to be used for the Gradient Filtering.
- SignalDelayBars: The delay in bars between the signal and the trade action, 0 is reccommended.
- TradeComment: The comment added to the trade information to help identify trades if the EA is used alongside other EA's and Manual Trades.
- TradeMagicNumber: The magic number added to the trade information, ideal if multiple instances of the EA are used alongside each other.