Indicator Alligator Alert - a trend-following indicator following the premise that financial markets and individual securities trend just 15% to 30% of the time while grinding through sideways ranges the other 70% to 85% of the time. The Alligator Alert indicator uses three smoothed moving averages, set at five, eight and 13 periods, which are all Fibonacci numbers. The initial smoothed average is calculated with a simple moving average (SMA), adding additional smoothed averages that slow down indicator turns. Alligator Alert equipped with useful alert functions such as popup message, notification and email which means the trader don't need to sit in front of the screen all the time.
The three moving averages comprise the Jaw, Teeth, and Lips of the Alligator, opening and closing in reaction to evolving trends and trading ranges:
- Jaw (blue line) - starts with the 13-bar SMMA and is smoothed by eight bars on subsequent values.
- Teeth (red line) - start with the eight-bar SMMA and is smoothed by five bars on subsequent values.
- Lips (green line) - start with the five-bar SMMA and smoothed by three bars on subsequent values.
- Use alerts - Enable/disable the use of alerts
- Popup message - On screen popup alert message
- Send notification - Notification sent to your portable device(needs configuration in your terminal)
- Play sound - Playing a sound when alerting
- Send email - Sends an email when alerting (needs to be configured in your terminal)
- MA method - Methodology to use in calculations(Simple,Exponential,Smoothed,Linear weighted)
- Price type - Which price type used for calculations(Close,Open,High,Low,Median,Typical,Weighted)
- Time frame - Indicator time frame
- Jaws period - Alligator Jaws period(Blue line)
- Jaws shift - Alligator bar shift(Blue line)
- Teeth period - Alligator teeth period(Red line)
- Teeth shift - Alligator bar shift(Red line)
- Lips period - Alligator lips period(Green line)
- Lips shift - Alligator lips bar shift(Green line
Product feedback information
- In general why this is important