"Steady" is a 100% adaptive expert advisor based on price movement. It has a built-in unique Smart Recovery algorithm.
Only one trade at a time. Every trade has Stop Loss and Take Profit from very beginning, and they do not change.
This is for those, who are looking for steady and stable growth over the long run.
"Steady" for MetaTrader4 is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/56239
There is a private telegram support group and detailed F.A.Q. for verified users only. Please, contact me for an invite link.
WARNING: I sell all my products only via MQL5 website. If you see it somewhere else, be aware of scam.
My favourite are EURUSD, EURJPY. You can also try other pairs with more conservative settings
Broker and Leverage
"Steady" is not broker sensitive, you may chose any broker you trust to. The less the spread is, the better.
Recommended leverage is 1:100 and 1:500 is even better.
Time Frame of the chart for real live execution does not matter. But, make sure that you have all timeframes data available in history center (F2).
For BACKTESTING IN MT4 the timeframe must be M1. You also should load all available timeframes in MT4. In MT5 any timeframe for backtesting will work.
Base Lot, per every 1000 of Balance - sets the lot. It is calculated as BaseLot*(Balance/1000). So, if you have an Account with 2000USD and Base lot is 0.05, your traded lot will be 0.05*(2000/1000) = 0.1
Recovery Aggression - "Steady" has a built-in recovery algo. It will auto increase the lot after the losing trade to recover the loss. Lott is calculated dynamically. The bigger the recovery aggression parameter is set, the more aggressive lot increase happens. If set to 0, there will be no lot increase and all trades will be performed with Base Lot, as per settings aboveMax Lot, times Base Lot - Limits the max lot, which can be used if Smart Recovery is enabled. It is set as a multiplier for base lot. I.e. if it is set as 15 and base lot as per calculations above is 0.1 lots, the Max allowed lot per trade would be 15*0.1=1.5
Spread Filter - allows avoiding trades in high volatility times when broker increases the spread
Hidden Stops - If true, no SL and TP will be sent to broker, but EA will close the trades by itself instead. EA must be up and running at all times in order for this option to work.
Magic Number - unique EA identifier. Should be set different in case when multiple instances of EA are used on the same currency pair.
No Action - enables / disables "No Action" or Sleep mode, when EA is not taking any trading action. May be useful when you decide to manage trades manually. Also, you can enable No Action after migration to MQL5 VPS, so EA does not attempt to trade on your local PC.
Balance : $500 - $5000
Base Lot, per every 1000 : 0.01-0.03
Other Settings: defaultsPairs : EURUSD, EURJPY
"Steady" can work on both VPS solution from MQL5 and regular VPS with desktop access
1) "Steady" is designed for trading ForEx. It was not tested on metals, shares etc.
2) "Steady" will not work on accounts with overnight positions rollovers (closing and reopening by broker). ALL ACCOUNTS WITH SWAPs ARE OK.
* Added an option to calculate the base lot size based on Equity instead of Balance
* SL & TP values are shown on the Dashboard
* Added an option to hide dashboard
* Added Hidden Stop option. If true, no SL and TP will be sent to broker, but EA will close the trades by itself instead. EA must be up and running at all times in order for this option to work.
* Current operational status is added to the dashboard. If it says "SOMETHING IS WRONG" it is usually one of 3 things: 1)Autotrading is not allowed either in MetaTrader or for the EA.
2) Trading on this particular pair/symbol is disabled by your broker => check MarketWatch => Right Click on symbol name => Specification.
3) Not enough M1 history data. Steady requires at least 2 weeks of history to function. Check History Center (F2)