Strategy Builder plus Optimizer by RunwiseFX MT5
Strategy Builder offers an incredible amount of functionality. It combines a trade panel with configurable automation (covert indicators into an EA), real-time statistics (profit & draw down) plus automatic optimization of SL, TP/exit, trading hours, indicator inputs. Multiple indicators can be combined into an single alert/trade signal and can include custom indicators, even if just have ex4 file or purchased from Market. The system is easily configured via a CONFIG button and associated pop-ups, without any programming. The real-time statistics works much faster than MetaTrader's Strategy Tester and the optimization makes light work of getting the right SL/TP and indicator inputs.
Note, Strategy Builder can be used to properly test indicators in Market before purchase and convert them into an EA and tune them further after purchase and combine with others.
Main features for each of the four parts of the product are:
1. TRADE PANEL: Hidden/virtual stop loss. Various auto SL calculation methods supported or fixed pips. Lot size calculation with risk/money management. TP based on risk/reward ratio or pips. Partial closes and scale-in. One-click trading. Hidden pending orders. News events. Multi-account trade copying. Spread check. Trade logging, including execution time and slippage, so can keep eye on broker. Plus robust error handling. All of this great functionality is also used when trading automatically.
2. CONFIGURABLE AUTOMATION: Easily capture and combine both standard and custom indicators into a single trade signal when in agreement. Can choose between being alerted (pop-up, email, mobile), automatic trade open or setting up pending orders. Can also auto exit when indicators change to opposite direction. Lots of other trading rules and filters can be downloaded from our library, e.g. avoid opening trade just before major news event, or checking price action. Also various exit rules, e.g. exit before major news or close of market on a Friday, exit all trades on equity target reached or button press, etc.
3. REAL-TIME STATISTICS: The chart is examined to determine trade open/close to produce statistics calculated in real-time (few seconds). The stats show the profit and draw down of the current configuration, including the effect of indicators, SL/TP, trading hours, etc. The simulated trades are also shown on the chart with SL, open price, close price, profit, etc. If the product is running on multiple charts then a summary of the stats from those charts (other symbols/periods) can be displayed in a single table, ordered on profit for best performing symbol/period selection. Any configuration changes will be reflected in the stats and the change to profit/draw down will be shown. Can click a Revert button to go back to previous configuration if the change didn't help.
4. AUTO OPTIMIZER: Will cycle through the various SL methods, TP, exit, trading hours and indicator inputs to see which give the best profit without increasing draw-down. Any improvement is automatically saved on a per symbol/period basis. Can also be set to run optimization automatically when the market is closed, e.g. over the weekend. This allows the strategy to be kept tuned to the best possible settings, as markets can evolve over time.
We also have a optional Windows GUI application that can connect with the EAs (on your local network), even on different accounts, for central control and configuration.
Please see the screenshots and video below to see all of this in action.
Please see the first entry in the Comments tab for a link to the comprehensive manual and a link to our library with indicator settings for popular indicators and trade rules/filters.
Note when trying demo version in Strategy Tester: Have test running at least at market speed so buttons and other GUI controls work.
- Made cosmetic improvements
- Big improvement to stats & optimization speed by making an architecture change. Will make more use of available CPU.
- Improved mitigation if timer can't be allocated, usually on an under powered VPS
- Version number and rotating heartbeat | line shown in orange if timer can't be allocated and EA is needing to mitigate this
- Improved Stats / Optimization pop-up to show how much chart data history is currently loaded and how much is required to get stats over specified number of bars/days or date range
- Also added to Stats / Optimization a tick box to turn off live market processing. This is so can divert all CPU to stats / optimization.
- Improved cyan colored status text on panel to say what indicators it is weighting for. Note, will need to redownload bi rule to see this. Only do this though if using our default entry/exit rule, where have on bottom of panel 'Entry on Indicators' & 'Exit on Indicators'.
- Added ability to list configured indicators on the chart with their current value (buy/sell). This can be done by downloading rule d-i from our library.
- Added EA input Obscure_displayBlockABackground so can add background colored box to rules like d-i that put information in a block on the chart, so can see more easily
- Fixed issue with accuracy of stats when using swing hi/lo stop loss calculation method
- Added ability to set stats start and end date in CONFIG | Stats / Optimization | Stats Calculate - how far back
- Improved Shift Helper tool to better detect if indictor is repainting on particular shift
- Fixed issue where simulate trades were not being shown on chart until pressed Refresh button
- Improved scaling for 4K monitors via EA inputs Gen_GUIScaleX and Gen_GUIScaleY when set to say 2.5
- Added support for voiding alert/trade signal in opposite direction to the one being currently evaluated
- Fix to Shift Setting Helper tool
- Improved performance of GUI of lots of objects on the chart
- Auto fixes to configuration file for some configuration issues
- Improved high quality stats model where checks for gaps in M1 chart data
- Added StartBuild_optimProcess* inputs to control how much CPU is used during optimization
- Fixed issue with stats for indicators that put Fibonacci objects onto the chart, such as the 'Break Out with TP and SL Fibonacci' indicator
- Fixed issue where stats stopped working if set 'Max Spread for Auto Open' to blank in CONFIG | Risk/Lots pop-up
- Improved support for other indicators and setting their properties
- Fixed issue when reporting profit improvement during optimization
- Fixed issue with stats when using trailing stop loss
- Reduced frequency of file writes to gvariables.dat file that the EA is responsible for to reduce potential SSD disk wear
- Added support for having EA in both multi-trade when also set to allow multiple time frames to be traded on the same symbol
- Fixed issue with calculating stop loss which especially affected Swing Hi/Lo calculation method
- Improved F:rwfxMoveMax built-in indicator calculation method so works better on any timeframe
- Added input StratBuild_showExpertsLog to show simulated Experts log with status text changes that happened during the test
- Added ability to minimize panel
- Improved efficiency of built-in indicator calculation
- Added histogram view of combined indicator value shown at bottom of chart
- Added high speed testing option
- Various minor improvements and improved indicator compatibility
- Added comment if Max Draw Down should be supplied in %, amount or pips
- Fixed issue with optimized items not showing
- Fixed issue with optimized items not saving if Stop button used
- Fixed issue when adding new indicators in per symbol/period configuration mode
- Added Max Draw Down setting to CONFIG | Strategy Builder. If set this will allow higher profit optimizations to be saved, even if increases draw down, as long as no more than the stated maximum and increase in profit is greater than increase in draw down.
- Added options to CONFIG | Options to only enter/exit trades on a new candle. This can help if working with indicators that repaint by not allowing mid candle entry and exits.
- Improved profit and draw down calculations if risk is set to fixed amount or fixed lot size. In the case the latter, the profit profit and draw down is now reported in pips.