Maximum profit (MFE) and maximum loss (MAE) values are recorded for each open order during its lifetime. These parameters additionally characterize each closed order using the values of the maximum unrealized potential and maximum permitted risk. MFE/Profit and MAE/Profit distribution graphs display each order as a point with received profit/loss value plotted along the X-axis, while maximum displayed values of potential profit (MFE) and potential loss (MAE) are plotted along the Y-axis.
Place your cursor over parameters/graph captions to see the best and worst trading series. Find out more about MAE and MFE distributions in the article Mathematics in Trading: How to Estimate Trade Results.
The average slippage based on execution statistics on real accounts of various brokers is specified in pips. It depends on the difference between the provider's quotes from "ICMarkets-Live04" and the subscriber's quotes, as well as on order execution delays. Lower values mean better quality of copying.
|0.00 × 1|
|0.00 × 1|
|0.00 × 1|
|0.00 × 1|
|0.14 × 7|
|0.21 × 111|
|0.53 × 53|
|0.66 × 29|
|0.80 × 5|
|0.98 × 43|
|0.98 × 7298|
|1.00 × 3|
|1.05 × 569|
|1.08 × 5283|
|1.19 × 79|
|1.33 × 3|
|1.38 × 63|
|1.47 × 5704|
|1.48 × 1256|
|1.50 × 4|
|1.51 × 881|
|1.58 × 173|
|1.58 × 240|
|1.60 × 2670|
|1.60 × 10|
*NOTE* the big loss around trade 800 attributes the large draw down was due to some GBPUSD trades.
I have since removed that GBPUSD system (it only traded for a few days) and will only trade USDCHF - which is very profitable anyway!
Anticipatedddon this system is around 40-50%.
DD (aside from the GU trade) since signal became active was maxed at 35%.
You should also use an AUD account type, this is because 1) this broker’s spreads are the tightest I have measured. 2) swaps are lower than most 3) $7 AUD RT per lot is far cheaper than $7 USD RT per lot.
If you aren’t using that broker, then it is likely your spread will eat your profits.
If you find you have a better spread near role over, let me know.
Load up this: spreadmonitor onto a 1-minute chart and then set the settings to make "writetocsv" true. Then zip up the files and send the spread exported to me.
Also, please use a VPS located in NYC; I recommend these guys: http://bit.ly/vpsfxbest 100$ credit matched, plus they charge by the hour up to their low monthly fee, so you can test the execution with your broker for essentially free.
I cannot stress enough that you need a good low spread broker and a fast VPS.
My VPS and trade server is in NYC.
Trading based on USDCHF range in late NY session and Asian session.
This signal, uses settings that have been optimised since the SBR unpeg of CHF. I have performed countless back, forward testing and retraining data sets to obtain optimum settings whilst minimising curve fitting.
Signal runs higher lot trades in a smaller window and smaller lots in a larger window. This has advance swap avoidance functions.
Running at relatively high risk, adjust your balance at which it is copied at accordingly. I recommend to start at 50% and work upwards. Alternatively, you can run at 95% risk, and withdraw profits weekly.
All trades will have a SL. This is set, but not locked. I will adjust based on the current range. Very rarely is an SL hit.
Any questions, let me know.
Market spiked this morning, over and beyond our stop losses (some close to 200points). As frustrating as this is... I think it is relatively unavoidable. However, if you have an idea on how this could be avoided. Let me know.
Position sizing today was no different to position sizing on other days. So before you call me a gambler, the trades weren't any more 'risker' than any other day. The sizing was the right ratio, and the SL distance wasn't any different. They were just jumped over.
Between Christmas and New Years, there is less liquidity and larger spreads which can cause the market to be a little less predictable during the morning session.
So I will pause trading from now (nice 6% profit today on UC).
The trading will start again from 3rd Jan PM.
Thank you for your support, and have a very Merry Christmas.
I know we got smashed last night.
Terrible call on my part.
I've taken action to mitigate that from happening again.
Note though, that I don't list my big accounts here, but as a screenshot out of myfxbook : http://bit.ly/2ghmFcf
You can see that yesterday I lost over 100k.
But you can tell, that in the last week I had made over 75k profit.
So yes, we've been set back and gosh it hurt, but give it a few weeks please, or you might just miss out on coming back.
Dear subscribers - we have grown almost 200% since the DD a few weeks ago where a lot of you thought the world had come to an end ;)
I hope you stuck around and are enjoying the profits.
I will continue to trade GU on my other signals until closer to Christmas time as a Christmas gift to you. Then I will just trade Gbpusd on my new signal; "the london and ny sling".
If you wrote a bad review back then, please revise fairly... especially that the dd on this signal has only reached 26%
Enjoy the profits.
Not scalping today, and maybe tomorrow due to the Italy Referendum - Higher volatility may be expected, which could be unfavorable market conditions for the signal. Mondays aren't always great either ;)
Stay tuned for a come back!
This is forex, but I've been working hard to improve current functionality and expand onto Gbpusd which I'll be running as a bonus to current subscribers before I run it on its own.
Apologies in the delay in getting back to you.
We have been busy doing some post analysis.
Firstly, we do feel your pain and anger. As its not only our funds that I also lost, but we also lost yours and the confidence that you have in me as a provider.
But this is forex, and for anyone who asked, the systems are adjusted for a risk of 40-50% dd (primary signal); so we are still within specification; even with the election, where we witnessed numerous MQL signal "low risk, low growth" accounts be completely wiped out from either brexit, the GBP flash crash or by Trump.
And our account is high risk high growth!
Now for those who want to know "what happened!?!?!".
The losses on the 15th:
Firstly, there was a low rated news speech which potentially caused a delayed reaction on USD. Further though there was some strong news out of china around the same time which we hadn't noticed the night before on any news site (or in retrospect; I do monitor/disable based on high or medium impact news). Upon analysis on the day, we expected the market to pull higher (which it did), but that was after it had pulled down to the 200ema on the m15 (UCHF).... which wasn't a nice situation. And anyone in this game, confirmation bias is always a bitch as It's always better in hind sight. Aside, it could've simply kept going beyond the 200.
EURUSD was relatively lucky here.
The losses on the 14th:
Referring to USDCHF medium risk. Unfortunately there was reasonable slippage on our account which then caused the trades to miss on exit criteria relative to the other account. Followed up a break higher, which it does often retest a break, but not in this case. EURUSD had a similar outcome, but not related to slippage, just simple price movement.
Further lessons have been reinforced:
"as always" its better to take a small loss then a big one.
Lessons and recommendations for you guys:
• DD can and does happen.
• there is no "god" system that can avoid this.
• Its a game of probability, and as you can tell, we provide typically high probably trades; just the downside risk is a little larger then what you would like.
• adjust your balance utilisation to something you have comfortable with.
• consider subscribing to the normal risk signal and not the medium risk and simply adjusting your balance utilisation. (this also has the potential for less profit, but less potential for the master having slippage which will impact exits.
The market did have reasonably big moves for the asian session anyway which put us in the mess; this was primarily on USD based pairs; so it could be left over election volatility.
Good news is that it shows on the backtest, so moves like these had previously been encountered.
Any questions let me know.
Thank you for your patience while WE rebuild.
Dear all; trading on halt until after the election. Will be monitoring market.
Dear all; please see updated doc with a few tips and explanations; along with a few more options on how I can help you reduce execution delay. http://bit.ly/signaloptions
Dear all - please make contact if you are getting lots of slippage so I can determine the best way to help you.
Please follow these instructions to reduce slippage: http://bit.ly/termop
Newer lower risk signal has been published:
Profits will be withdrawn from this signal time to time and pushed to that account.
*** To clarify, if/when I want to stop this signal (currently I do not) - I intend on running two signals; I will allow all subscribers to transition over, then once no one is left on this signal then I will archive it***
I pulled out some funds to commence live testing on some updates to the EA.
Day number 1 pulled more pips for the same number of trades with reduced downside exposure.
Further, live comparisons with pepperstone is resulting in ~30% more pips with ICMarkets with less swap charges (more positive swap too!).
I plan on commencing a signal at ~70% of this signals risk; where I will transfer a large portion of my capital into. Once that is up and running before your subscription is due to renew, consider swapping over.
Hey guys, please take my survey... here: http://bit.ly/fxsurv
Thanks for your time.