This signal is mainly used as a personal trading record, but if any of you wants to ride with me, here you go.
The aim of the system is to trade AUD/USD, GBP/JPY and XAU/USD via a long-term strategy. However, when the trend isn't there, short-term entry will also be made from time to time.
The signal is manually traded, usually focusing on late Asian session/early UK session (the time when I'm back from work), using a personal modification of Joe Granville’s moving average theory – a classic trend-trading system.
Position Holding Time:
The signal uses an INTERMEDIATE/LONG-TERM trading strategy as its core due to my limited trading time. Therefore, if you are waiting for a small profit for dinner every day, this is not the right signal for you. Once a long-term position is opened with the right trend, I’ll be likely to hold it as long as possible until the wind changes (direct hedging involved), so it could be a couple of weeks even months.
NO martingale or grid or any other gambling strategies are used in this signal.
All long-term positions are opened with SL (moved with trend) and TP (once our target is approaching).
I’m aiming to keep MDD below 5% for short-term positions, 15% for the overall account, and a 20% hard stop mechanism for black swan events. If somehow I fail, I’ll continue with whatever is left with a smaller lot size to recover as much balance as possible until we are back above the line.
For an account with leverage 1:500, the lot size used is usually 0.2 lot/$10k/position. However, it may occasionally spike up to 1 lot/$10k/position if the situation allows (details on how the copied lot size is copied can be read in https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/618). Based on that, you’ll need at least $500 to start with, and more if you want to cover the subscription fee and make a profit.
I’m using an ECN account with leverage 1:500. A common MT4 set-up would be: %age of deposit = 95%, slippage = 5 pips, stop if equity = 0, and don’t forget to copy SL and TP. Any brokers with low spreads, small latency and hedging enabled are recommended, but may not be necessary as trading frequency is aimed to be as low as possible.
Finally, let’s sit tight and happy trading. The game is on!
MFE and MAE Distribution Point Graphs
Maximum profit (MFE) and maximum loss (MAE) values are recorded for each open order during its lifetime. These parameters additionally characterize each closed order using the values of the maximum unrealized potential and maximum permitted risk. MFE/Profit and MAE/Profit distribution graphs display each order as a point with received profit/loss value plotted along the X-axis, while maximum displayed values of potential profit (MFE) and potential loss (MAE) are plotted along the Y-axis.
Place your cursor over parameters/graph captions to see the best and worst trading series. Find out more about MAE and MFE distributions in the article Mathematics in Trading: How to Estimate Trade Results.
The average slippage based on execution statistics on real accounts of various brokers is specified in points. It depends on the difference between the provider's quotes from "ICMarkets-Live04" and the subscriber's quotes, as well as on order execution delays. Lower values mean better quality of copying.
|0.00 × 1|
|0.00 × 4|
|0.00 × 5|
|0.58 × 77|
|1.14 × 59|
|1.58 × 92|
|2.13 × 32|
|2.52 × 23|
|2.63 × 345|
|3.21 × 95|
|3.24 × 95|
|3.44 × 89|
|3.96 × 25|
|4.29 × 7|
|5.50 × 48|
|7.86 × 21|
|8.83 × 6|
|9.76 × 185|
|11.00 × 14|
|12.38 × 16|
|14.00 × 2|
|18.00 × 1|
|22.00 × 5|
|26.53 × 17|