MA Cross Master
Hi, I’m Luca, a professional algorithmic trader. If you want to know more about me, check out my profile
Join my Live Portfolio Signal here: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/1469143
Today I want to present my first public system: the MA CROSS MASTER, a medium term trend following system.
This system works on the most classic and perhaps ancient trading logic, but it’s still working: the cross of averages. What averages? How many averages? At how many periods? I’ve been working on it for months and here’s the result: my most powerful averages crossing logic.
- Working symbol: (Check the set files in the comments, the symbols may be updated!) GBPJPY, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURCHF, AUDJPY, USDCAD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, AUDNZD, EURAUD, CADJPY, EURUSD, NZDJPY, EURCAD, CADCHF, NZDUSD, CHFJPY, USDJPY, GBPNZD, DAX, SP500
- Backtest: performed since January 2018 (more than 4 years) on 100% REAL TICKS data.
- Hedging account required. Good ECN broker with leverage 1:100 or higher is recommended
- Load the correct set file related to the market you want to operate on! (Set files in the comments)
- The EA is scheduled to close its positions on Friday. No over-weekend. The Friday closing time in the set files related to the IC Markets’ server time GMT +2 (or GMT +3 when daylight savings is in effect). You need to adjust the input time if your broker uses another time zone.
- The Sharpe Ratio in the screenshots is related to tests performed before build 3210
- You’ll see the Stop Loss and Take Profit at 0. This is normal, EA will close positions when it detects the closing conditions. For this reason, it is important that the EA remains always active: I recommend the use of a VPS. There is no fixed R:R (However, in the backtests made over the past years, the average win was usually bigger than the average loss - there is no guarantee that this will continue in the future).
TIPS FOR OPTIMAL USE
This EA is intended to be used like a portfolio. The EA can be activated simultaneously in more than one market by splitting the risk. The activation on several charts does not interfere with the other EAs, since each one is working on its own. You cannot expect to install a single version of this EA on a single chart and become rich in one month. Diversification is the #1 pillar in systematic trading.
As mentioned above, it is important to use a VPS. This is because the EA doesn't use fixed Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, but the exits are based on the achievement of specific conditions. If the EA is inactive/unable to operate, the positions may not be closed at the appropriate time.
- NO MARTINGALE
- NO SCALPING
- NO HEDGING
- NO INTERNAL AUTOLOT (You manage Your Money Management)
This is the launch price. Prices will go up soon!
- Past performance is not indicative of future results. Trade only money you can afford to lose.
- All screenshots indicate only hypothetical performaces that could have happened in the past. Not real performance.
- Backtests refer to hypothetical performance, not performance really happened.
- Before using real money, try this EA in demo and/or back-tests and always start with a low-profile risk.
- This EA doesn't use SL and TP. Make sure the EA is always active (better on a VPS)